What does it take?

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yotee, the site you have listed for the front shackle reverse kit states that it it for a 92-97 frame.

Does it make a difference when using an 87-91 frame?

yeah, other members have one it using a spacer. on mine the previous owner just cut the top off and welded it to the frame.

before this turns into an anti weld flame fest, this is the third truck he has done this way and all of them have towed slightly heavy. he used to use my truck to tow bobcats and smaller excavators all weighing in at over 6k plus(edit; plus 2k trailer, and a metric **** ton of tools). he also did this with out trailer brakes which i do not recommend.

pics of two of them. mine, and his last one

Attachments

• MVC-023S.JPG
    MVC-023S.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 4
  • voq0c9.jpg
    voq0c9.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 8

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like yours better then his last one.

Im pretty interested in doing this, but really dont want anything higher then 4 inches.

At the moment Im debating if I should build a cc dually 4x4 flatbed or a cc 4x4 8ft bed. But one of thems going to have this done to it.

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sweet. i look forward to build thread. if you use f350 springs with the sky's kit you will only get the lift you are looking for, but it will not ride as nice. i don't know what the dimensions are on superduty springs but i hear they ride about as close to rears in front.

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
I really want to do this to mine now. I had no idea this was possible! which is funny as I lifted my k5 blazer by doing a shackle flip and putting springs from a 1 ton up front. Why it never crossed my mind to do that on this is beyond me.

need to get the motor squared away first though.

btw yotee where did the high steer kit come from? Im interested in that as well,

An illustrated build thread of this would be awsome.

punk

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
ORU makes a RSK for the 80-91 trucks http://www.offroadunlimited.com/orustore/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=850&idproduct=8304 They are more expensive than the SKY one, but they give you a bracket(you weld in) to box the frame to make it a stronger set up.Then you bolt in the RSK.

As for using superduty springs that is a very common occurance. You can use "V" code springs for a soft ride and only gain the lift from the RSK or you can use "X" code springs and get an extra 1.5 inches..Little stiffer ride The SD springs are approx 4" longer than OBS springs so you need to move the RSK hanger forward 4", the rest is a direct bolt in.

When i put my D60 under my 86 i am going to use http://www.sky-manufacturing.com/new/detaproduct.php?id=162 With superduty "V" code front springs(2.5" of lift) and ICON 5" rear lift springs for a superduty with no block(match the front lift)

O the RSK are exactly the same for 80-91 and 92-97 , just that the ORU one for the 80-91 gives you a pice of metal to box the frame

Here is my one 97 F350 w ORU RSK and stock F350 springs all the way around and a 5" block in place of the factory 4" rear block
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

here is my 96 F350 w ORU RSK and 4" superlft front springs(2 leaf removed) and skjacker 6" rear springs w a fitted add-a-leaf (TOTAL ABOUT 8"Lift)

Last edited:

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yotee, do you wanthes S duty PSD springs before I start cutting them up? gonna try altering them to get soe ride out of them before I spend a little green on rears...

And what kinda mpg do you pull out of that beast, no trailer as a drive around?

call me if'n ya want....

Xian name is Kevin

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yotee, do you wanthes S duty PSD springs before I start cutting them up? gonna try altering them to get soe ride out of them before I spend a little green on rears...

And what kinda mpg do you pull out of that beast, no trailer as a drive around?

call me if'n ya want....

Xian name is Kevin

i do not need the sd springs. i get about 17 18mpg driving it. 38.5x14.5x16 tires and 4.10 gears. the truck is my baby, although i have considered doing the bronco rear like a centurion.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sitting on 4.10's and 37's with my 460, and steadily increasing mpg, up from 7 to 10. I think 13-14 is a real number with my 460, after I finsih the tune and hit 39.5's. They will give me a final drive of 3.2? or so.... no O/D... wrassling in my head logistics of converting to diesel. 18 inspires me, as we will be close to the same final truck.

At 15-16 out of a diesel, the cost per mile is too close to justify, 18 really doesn't make it pencil either, after you figure in a dollar value to time..... think the 6.9 will be free in essence.

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sitting on 4.10's and 37's with my 460, and steadily increasing mpg, up from 7 to 10. I think 13-14 is a real number with my 460, after I finsih the tune and hit 39.5's. They will give me a final drive of 3.2? or so.... no O/D... wrassling in my head logistics of converting to diesel. 18 inspires me, as we will be close to the same final truck.

At 15-16 out of a diesel, the cost per mile is too close to justify, 18 really doesn't make it pencil either, after you figure in a dollar value to time..... think the 6.9 will be free in essence.

yeah but what do you get towing, say 6500lbs?
i got three (gps verified) 14mpg trips with an 40 Minuit long winding 6% grade. it is a 200 mile drive round trip:D