What are typical EGT's?

wbw189

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed my Autometer pyro recently. I took redneckaggies advice and ran a dedicated ground to the block and also direct, fused power. I run around 600 degrees at 60MPH on the flat with no load. I can break 1100 degrees easily when taking off. I have also installed new Delphi BB code injectors and bumped my timing to the point where it really rattles cold and quiets down when the advance closes. My timing mark was almost 1/8th to the drivers side before bumping and about 3/32 passenger side now! Thanks for all of your help...

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
that is taking off empty? and i assume the truck is na? I know i have to work my **** off when empty to get to 1100 on flat ground and my pump is turned UP but loaded it aint hard to get that high. do you have the pumped turned up and are you rolling any coal? 600 at 60 doesnt sound to bad for a c6 but the 1100 seems a little high unloaded and on flat ground.

Last edited:

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
the ground to the engine block was recommended to me from an autometer tech. He was the head of the service department and really easy to get ahold and friendly to talk to. You know i have had my gauges for about 2 years and the warranty was only supposed to be 1 year. when i explained my problem to him he told me "90% of the time when i get a pyro in it works on my wiring and i call the customer and ask them about the ground and where it is routed and find that to be the problem. try to relocate the ground and if that don't work send it in and i will fix it under warranty" I had told him earlier in the conversation how old the gauge was. I would reccomend doin the ground this way on any install or problem diagnosis.

Uncle Mater

Reaction score
Going up a 6% grade here with my foot in it I barely get past 600. That is with my 86 dually 4 door with c6 and 4:10's empty.

wbw189

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am still NA and have touched the fuel screw. No saying the PO didn't...

I think this weekend I will turn it down a flat or two.

Thanks,

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds normal to me. I have a turbo and I can get mine to 1000 empty if I am getting on it on flat ground. But my pump is turned all the way up.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see around 600 empty or lightly loaded just driving on the highway at 60 and maybe 700 at 70. Before the turbo gives it some air though the EGTs can approach 900-950 accelerating hard from 0-60 with my foot all the way in it. This is with the probe in the ATS 088 port pre turbo but far from the manifold and with a stock 7.3 pump and BBs turned up 1/2 between stock and maxed out so about 3 flats or half a full turn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner

Members online

No members online now.