What about a Ranger O/D unit?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Its ******* your syncros.

Well it only has to last a couple more months until I find a good used ZF-5 speed. That is, unless I find one of these brownie boxes cheap in the meantime.

Do you guys suppose you could stick one off the back of a BW 1345 transfer case?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it only has to last a couple more months until I find a good used ZF-5 speed. That is, unless I find one of these brownie boxes cheap in the meantime.

Do you guys suppose you could stick one off the back of a BW 1345 transfer case?
Ya that Brownie box sounds sweet.....damn nice to have that with the 4sp + twin sticked 205+ a single stick for 203 doubler....Yeeesh...

I dunno I still like the simple Ranger unit...

BTW I too float my T18 right now...T19 to come....I'll float 2 > 3 > 4 and all the way back down to 2nd on a good day...

Still have yet to figure out how the hell it's ******* synchros....My understanding is that it is actually EASIER on them if you can float well!...

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
i float all my gears through town my leg gets tired and im lazy ive figured out 1-2-3-4 and 4-3-2-1
1 can be a SOB some times

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i float all my gears through town my leg gets tired and im lazy ive figured out 1-2-3-4 and 4-3-2-1
1 can be a SOB some times

Ya I try 1 but darn ubber LOW 1st and no synchro is a ****** to do....I can get it now n then...but I gotta be goin soooo sloooow it's not worth it. I always start in 2nd even moderate hills are started in 2nd so 1st is rarely used...in essense I drive a 3 sp with a deep reduction 1st....opposite of my buddy's cheby....its a car type tranny...or weak truck trans....has a 4sp but 1st is like my 2nd and 4th is OD ....LOL....

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
Ya I try 1 but darn ubber LOW 1st and no synchro is a ****** to do....I can get it now n then...but I gotta be goin soooo sloooow it's not worth it. I always start in 2nd even moderate hills are started in 2nd so 1st is rarely used...in essense I drive a 3 sp with a deep reduction 1st....opposite of my buddy's cheby....its a car type tranny...or weak truck trans....has a 4sp but 1st is like my 2nd and 4th is OD ....LOL....

your right i hardly use 1 like you said its like driveing a three speed and thats why i want some sort of OD id like to find a spicer 5831 but right now that is long gone for now because of my head gasket BS
if it aint one thing its another

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
your right i hardly use 1 like you said its like driveing a three speed and thats why i want some sort of OD id like to find a spicer 5831 but right now that is long gone for now because of my head gasket BS
if it aint one thing its another

Ya that head gasket issue sux large

A 5831 though nice for Highway wouldn't work for my Bronco in 4WD...and that added reduction would be nice...that aside on the highway it would be ok....

As it is I am short on driveline space so at the most a Ranger and 205/203 doubler MAYBE.....or ZF and the doubler....perhaps! All "Eventually"

The other option is find a Centurion Bronco/F350 and then I have plenty of interior space and DRIVELINE room for ubber cool mods.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
for 4wd id think that spicer would be the **** if id only work in ur bronco that thing w a diesel is going to be sweet are u going to put 1 ton axles under there

FordGuy100

Reaction score
for 4wd id think that spicer would be the **** if id only work in ur bronco that thing w a diesel is going to be sweet are u going to put 1 ton axles under there

That all depends on if you can put the spicer in front of the transfer cases. If not, then you cant use it while in 4x4 unless you wanna mess up your drivetrain.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should I gamble with that 420 lbs-ft thing? I'm seriously still considering the Ranger O/D. The Spicer Box is much beefier but it sounds like a lot of work to roll it in and shift it since my truck mostly sees DD and firewood hauler duty. Maybe just need to pony up for the tried and true, still havent heard from Zigg, sounded like his worked ok, but that truck was NA....

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what I say, GV is way too much, same is true of the new US Gear stuff as well. A new Ranger unit or an old DNE2 setup would be ideal for me, I'd try the Brownie box...but does anyone know what kind of fabrication I'd be into for that? That is besides the transmission itself, what needs to be done to bolt it to the T19?.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well I have a D70 for Rear and D60 for front....

I want either some Rockwells (prefer 2 steer axles ofo course) or Unimog if I could find em cheap enough.....

For now I have the D70 & 60 so that ought to do ......Damn GF's Bronco has to get on the road-cuss so I can take miy plates off ....to build....;Sweet

It's going to be one hell of a fun project....

As for the Ranger I suggest one I have and am thinking of one myself to split the gears as opposed to a ZF....

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Well I have a D70 for Rear and D60 for front....

I want either some Rockwells (prefer 2 steer axles ofo course) or Unimog if I could find em cheap enough.....

For now I have the D70 & 60 so that ought to do ......Damn GF's Bronco has to get on the road-cuss so I can take miy plates off ....to build....;Sweet

It's going to be one hell of a fun project....

As for the Ranger I suggest one I have and am thinking of one myself to split the gears as opposed to a ZF....

Speaking of Unimog...

You must be registered for see images attach

It was at my high school car show. It was pretty dang cool, everything was written in German in it ;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online