What a beautiful truck!

jeffgordon24

91 f250 kingcab 4*4
Reaction score
really nice truck , but i would be afraid to park it anywhere . More of a show truck then a work truck

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
It doesnt tickle my fancy.....but I like the beater look in my trucks...

jmono

Reaction score
That is a well put built truck! Too nice for DD though, I'll have to agree that it is more of a show truck then a DD.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dodge seats might look cool, but they are actually unsafe. The floor of these trucks is not re enforced enought to hold the weight of the seat and passenger down in the event if a high speed impact. The seat will probably just rip off the floor and you will still go through the windshield, leather seat and all.

You can swap seats out of anything you want, but never use seats that have integral seat belts in a vehicle that didn't originally have them. He should have left the pillar mounted belts and disabled the dodge belts but instead he did the opposite which is very dangerous.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't even know that, but that's interesting to note.

I also see the mounts for the original seat belts just kinda hanging out up there (no covers or anything), looks kinda tacky.

And yeah...why would you put in Dodge seats and leave the ram's head on them?

Pretty truck, but I think I'd swap out those seats and put original seat belts back in.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Someone spent some time, and then put dodge seats in it???

What the heck was with that? I don't understand why you'd do that

The dodge seats might look cool, but they are actually unsafe. The floor of these trucks is not re enforced enought to hold the weight of the seat and passenger down in the event if a high speed impact. The seat will probably just rip off the floor and you will still go through the windshield, leather seat and all.

You can swap seats out of anything you want, but never use seats that have integral seat belts in a vehicle that didn't originally have them. He should have left the pillar mounted belts and disabled the dodge belts but instead he did the opposite which is very dangerous.

I didn't even know that, but that's interesting to note.

I also see the mounts for the original seat belts just kinda hanging out up there (no covers or anything), looks kinda tacky.

And yeah...why would you put in Dodge seats and leave the ram's head on them?

Pretty truck, but I think I'd swap out those seats and put original seat belts back in.
I think some like the drudge seats for the center o and the ride, but i'd recover them!:eek:

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
i cant tell you how many times ive looked at that issue of diesel world. in fact that issue was the reason i subscribed! ive studied that truck like crazy while building mine. in fact that issue is open to that truck right now up beside my toilet!!

tractorman86

Reaction score
that is a very nice truck but i think i would go with the superduty seats, like i used on mine but leather or even the eddie baur(sp) seats from a 95 f150(they had the fold down center seat). david the seats can be just as safe as the factory ones if you ad some extra metal underneath the floor board where you drill the holes. oh yea and the pretty IC tubing in the fender well wouldn't last long around hereLOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle