well this was a surprise......

firehonomichl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well went to put a new block heater in today and I opened the drain on my radiator and the thing was ice cold? I warmed my truck up and drove and 5 miles to my shop and so it was nice and warm but the bottom of the radiator was cold as ice and the top was hot as can be. Never had any cooling issues but look what I found in the radiator..... I’m guessing stop leak and tap water from the previous owner.. what y’all think

You must be registered for see images attach

firehonomichl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a new one I’ll park it tell it gets here. I’m surprised I didn’t have any temp problems. I’m gonna flush the block really good before I put the new one in.

firehonomichl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry it’s an 89 and ya I assume it’s the original and I’ve got a new one ordered should be here in a few days. And idk what I’m gonna do with the old one yet

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't find out my original radiator had an issue until I was 30 Miles into a 2000 Mile trip with a 5th wheel trailer on back. I ended up limping along until night (Overheated above 30MPH), at which point it ran cool enough to get back up to speed. Did that till I got to Vegas and changed it with the help of this forum! Glad you found yours sooner than I did.