Well officially gone to the darkside

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
Brought home a 95 F-Superduty has 205,000kms 127,387 miles on it. The engine has been rebuilt has new LUK smf and clutch. The truck has near new Toyo M-55s on the back with a set of Sport King A/Ts on the front I will probably change them for LTX M/S. The truck is also a XLT a good upgrade from my 89 which is a custom ;Sweet

My thoughts on the PSD so far well it does have more power it doesn't have the lugging power like the old IDI but it has far better topspeed. The IDI has troubles doing 80km/h (50 mph) the PSD easily does that I was doing upto 120km/h (75 mph)

The old 89 will get cleaned up and I will sell it I know it would be good work truck for somebody that uses it for occasional use. Shes a little tired for working everyday.

I looked at a 96 F-Superduty today aswell it was cheaper it had 214,000kms 132,979 miles. When me and my brother got there to look at it the truck wouldn't start it had mismatched batts of course dead. The down pipe was leaking and it looks like it was leaking for a long time insulation was black. The transmission needed 2nd and 4th gear syncros. The deck on it wasn't very good it would take alot of work to get it to dump.

The bench seat was shot someone must have been awfully fat and my brother noticed the brake and clutch pedals the rubber pads they were worn right off. A truck with 200,000kms shouldn't have that much wear its like who ever drove the truck drove it pretty aggressively.

No wonder the truck wasn't sold it needed alot of work if I bought it I would have to spend close to 300 or more on two new start batteries. The down pipe would have to be fixed when I got home I know thats not a cheap fix. The transmission would eventually have to be replaced along with a new clutch and flywheel so theres 3 grand just for a tranny and clutch.

The truck had some kind of vacuum system for trailer brakes I imagine the truck must have pulled some kind of trailer with vac over hydraulic.

I feel I made the best choice I'am in debt now but I will recover I needed another truck. Now I have to find a hoist for the deck but atleast I have a decent truck to start with.

Checking the fuel mileage for the first time I haven't filled up yet but I think the PSD is netting better mpg so far.

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
The darkside? :confused: As I see it...you've seen the light :D. Enjoy your new truck. I guess mods are premature since you say you're in debt, but you'll need to toss the stock air box for a Tymar air filter as well as tossing the stock downpipe for a 3" setup. Patience grasshopper... ;Sweet

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
No mods yet untill I get the truck making money ;Really

The most important mod to the truck will be getting the hoist under the deck so it dumps. I have a feeling I maybe hauling lots of construction debris this fall if couple large developements in the area go through. The truck should pay for most of itself by atleast April or May of 06.

L.Wilkinson

Its an Arktos not a Sub
Reaction score
geonc said:
:backoff :draw :draw GREAT
Now he will flood the PSD group :puke: -cuss

Take him back.........................PLEASE!
:backoff Not so fast George!

Good luck Pacific (KW) on your new ride. Maybe its time to get a girl friend too :Sly

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck with your new truck. Hope your new truck makes you alot of money and runs well for a long time. I am glad, as are the others you have finally found your new truck. Scotty

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pacific said:
Brought home a 95 F-Superduty ..........blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah..............

Post in the right forums if you want help or comments please.

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
I had no choice you can't find any F-Superduties that are in good shape they are all like mine old and worn out. Eventually everybody is gonna have to switch to a PSD like it or not especially if they lower the sulpher content in the fuel even lower till it provides no lubrication for a mechanical injected engine.

The local diesel shop has a good rebuildable 7.3 IDI core with heads etc basically a long block. They phoned around to the rebuild shops like DAS they don't want them anymore they are looking for 6.5 Chev blocks. DAS pretty much said take it to the dump so thats what is going to happen.