Well, I bought a new truck

MeanGreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys, I bought a new V10 F250! I know I know. Don't worry I didn't junk my old trucks (especially since they get better mileage than the new one! LOL! ) Anyway the 97 and 93 Fords are both for sale. Trying to sell locally first. If that doesn't work, then I'll advertise 'em here soon.
I really wanted a new truck. I don't know why, but I did. Diesel is out for me in the new trucks because of the EPA emissions crap, so the V10 was the only choice to have decent power is a full size crewcab.
All I can say is, do not test drive a new F250/350 (08-10 bodystyle) unless you plan to buy one. The interior sold me. I felt like I was part of the truck while driving it. Yeah, the front end takes some getting used to but I have warmed up to it. I ordered one so it is going to be a long 6-8 weeks.
Jerry

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whew! Glad you could get a new truck without giving into peer pressure on the c4c program. Obviously you have two non clunkers there than now need a good home. I'm not in the market but if I learn of anyone I'll send them your way. Do you have an ad in the Marketplace yet?

geno8769

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats.

I had a 2006 F250 until some punk stole it. I put 92,000 miles on it in 22 months and loved everyone of them. Comfortable ride for sure.

I bet the wait will drive you nuts.

MeanGreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the fuel mileage is bad but so is the new diesel. I won't be towing so it doesn't make much difference. I did the math on how much I drive a year......I won't starve.....I hope!
Jerry

geno8769

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 99 with a V10 and 4.30 gears and I got 11 in town and 13 highway. Which is why I got the diesel.. But I have heard bad things about the 6.4 mileage.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the dam emissions control crap more than the ULSD fuel or the 6.4 engine. I've heard that the people who *might* have chopped off their DPF (for strictly track testing and tuning ya know) *allegedly* get pretty typical IH diesel fuel economy if not better. But who really wants to risk a 10K dollar fine from the EPA to save pennies at the pump? Sure we can't have smog hogs spewing huge plumes of black smoke all the time, but IMO even our old IDIs are very low emissions when driven nicely on clean fuel (either B100 or ULSD) what sense does it make to reduce emissions by some small margin and then increase fuel consumption by at least the same amount???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online