weird no start/electrical problem 1986 6.9l idi have to drive it to work tomorrow!!!

86f2fiddy

Reaction score
i cut off the melted plug, spluced the wires on it to eliminate the plug, then replaced the FL with a buss blade fuse holder. and everything is working right now. no popped fuses either. ;Sweet

86f2fiddy

Reaction score
i really appreciate the quick replies. theres some great and helpful folks on here. :thumbsup:

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your welcome. Had to go watch the NASCAR race. We knew you could do it.With a little help, Patient and preserverance, gets the job done.

86f2fiddy

Reaction score
haha patience is one thing im short on when my only transportation goes down. if it was my project, thats a whole nother story. lol

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Honest to God, I swear this is the truth. I had my radio short out one time about 5 years ago. It killed all power just like yours. After I got towed home, I found that it had blown a fusible link. I think it was the same one you're talking about. I just spliced it back together and everything has worked since. The really strange thing was that the fuel shut off solenoid in the injector pump actually was shorted out by this. I had to replace it with the one off another pump I had sitting around. All this and the fuse in the fusebox didn't blow. Needless to say that I now put an inline fuse on my radio as well as using the factory fuse. I'm paranoid enough to install another inline fuse on the ground wire to the radio. At least it hasn't happened again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RustyNail351

Members online