WATER4GAS

japar

Reaction score
With diesel approaching $4 a gallon we should be seeing those get rich quick schemes with people selling those Hydrogen generators that lets you make Hydrogen from water and get 50 MPG. Anyone ever try to make one?

plowboy444

Reaction score
Fun stuff

There are allot of scams out there, but I'm not sure the whole idea is. My buddy and I played around with it allot and built a few working cells. Our best cell made just under a LPM at 20 amps, not enough to really do anything but make a lawn mower pop. I would love to work on it more, but it takes allot of time, money, and research to make anything really worthwhile.

The higher tech cells use magnetic coils and such to produce a high frequency to "shock" the water molecules apart, instead of the straight current "brute force" types like we were doing. I think those types of cells hold allot of promise as the are capable of producing way more gas at a fraction of the current. I just takes money. :rolleyes:LOL

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
yea the power required to run the alt to make the power far exceeds any power returned from HO gas

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Far be it from me to criticize, I was one of the first to convert a car to straight WVO and everyone said it couldn't be done.
I got a real kick out of it when I had the thing on display at a state alternative energy show and I had a handful of these PHDs coming up and arguing with me that it would never work, and I'm sitting there, look guys, I DROVE the thing in the building cookoo and it was my wife's commuter car at the time. I had to take one guy for a ride after the show to convince him that I hadn't trailered the thing in :rotflmao

What gets me is everytime the fuel prices spike, prices on old junk diesels skyrocket and people scramble to buy up diesel cars in an attempt to get something to do a WVO conversion on , and unscrupulous sellers start dumping junk diesels on ebay like crazy and folks gobble them up at insane prices without having them checked and without bothering to find out if they have a mechanic who has any tools to work on the things. I expect to see a bunch of garbage Volvo diesel cars being sold here shortly and soon after that , my phone will be ringing off the hook when the things get delivered and they won't start. It happens everytime the fuel prices go up like clockwork.

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Far be it from me to criticize, I was one of the first to convert a car to straight WVO and everyone said it couldn't be done.
I got a real kick out of it when I had the thing on display at a state alternative energy show and I had a handful of these PHDs coming up and arguing with me that it would never work, and I'm sitting there, look guys, I DROVE the thing in the building cookoo and it was my wife's commuter car at the time. I had to take one guy for a ride after the show to convince him that I hadn't trailered the thing in :rotflmao

What gets me is everytime the fuel prices spike, prices on old junk diesels skyrocket and people scramble to buy up diesel cars in an attempt to get something to do a WVO conversion on , and unscrupulous sellers start dumping junk diesels on ebay like crazy and folks gobble them up at insane prices without having them checked and without bothering to find out if they have a mechanic who has any tools to work on the things. I expect to see a bunch of garbage Volvo diesel cars being sold here shortly and soon after that , my phone will be ringing off the hook when the things get delivered and they won't start. It happens everytime the fuel prices go up like clockwork.

AMEN. I'm the only person in my area with tools for VW diesels beside the dealership and their guys refer anyone with a car more than 8 years old to me as they don't want to work on them.

Cucamongan

Huh?
Reaction score

You, Sir, have a lot of knowledge and wisdom. I have noticed the same thing.

Me and my dad tinkered with a HHO system, but then stopped due to lack of time to tinker (im busy about 70-80 hrs a week). we may start tinkering again once i get a few things off my plate.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I just can't seem to figure out why everyone seems to think that it takes a ton of juice to make HO, Heck, back, when I was just a little kid ( yes, I was a science geek ) about 9 or 10 years old me and a buddy figured out how to make Hydrogen gas without any electricity with the right activating mixture and one night we had one of those 10ft weather balloons they used to sell in the back of those boys magazines and we filled it up and figured out how to rig a homemade fuse cord and let that sucker go in the middle of the night... Mini Hindenburg :D Lit up the sky like you wouldn't believe, I understand there were all kinds of UFO reports LOL

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just can't seem to figure out why everyone seems to think that it takes a ton of juice to make HO, Heck, back, when I was just a little kid ( yes, I was a science geek ) about 9 or 10 years old me and a buddy figured out how to make Hydrogen gas without any electricity with the right activating mixture and one night we had one of those 10ft weather balloons they used to sell in the back of those boys magazines and we filled it up and figured out how to rig a homemade fuse cord and let that sucker go in the middle of the night... Mini Hindenburg :D Lit up the sky like you wouldn't believe, I understand there were all kinds of UFO reports LOL

ROFLMAO:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

plowboy444

Reaction score
I agree, everyone says it takes tons of power to run them, but does it really make that much of a difference? If one hp is 745 watts, than that would be about 62 amps at 12 volts. I think a car alternator is only around 50% efficient, plus whatever is lost in the belt, but even if it took 3 hp to make 1 hp worth of electricity thats still alot of amps to work with if you have an efficient cell.

And yes, the stuff goes boom. REALLY boom. :sly

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would not surprise me if someone was selling a pill you put in your gas tank to increase the MPG. Heck if Grandpa made a pill that made gasoline on the Munsters then it must be real right? LOL

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
It would not surprise me if someone was selling a pill you put in your gas tank to increase the MPG. Heck if Grandpa made a pill that made gasoline on the Munsters then it must be real right? LOL

They had those not too long ago, I remember seeing the ads for them.cookoo
I know a guy that bought one of those magnets that goes on the fuel line, he was convinced that it worked.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online

No members online now.