water removal, goat vomit strainin, etc.

wdkingery

Reaction score
Hey guys it turns out my first supply of wmo was not so great. Lots of goat vomit in the bottom of the containers. And some rain water. I am slowly filtering thru a jeans leg which is helping to remove the goat vomit, and of course I'll be running that thru a 1 micron bag filter later.
But about the water. I've got a 55 gallon drum I'm filling here, so it's too late to install a water heater element. Any other ideas on how to remove the water? I installed the drain up about 15 gallons high on the drum to keep the water in, but I'd like to boil it out if I could. Short of building a big redneck fire underneath, anyone got ideas?

wmoguy

Reaction score
Water seperator with a electric pump cycling thru the barrel several times?

I feel for ya man. I'm about to undergo a similar task. I MUST add a water separator into my centrifuge setup. I hate messing with this black fuel more than once..

dagreendeville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a black drum mounted on legs with a drain at the bottom i let the sun do the work and strain it off and i never suck my oil from the bottom this method has worked for me for 2 years now with no probs

leswhitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd get a clear barrel, pump it all in there, and let it settle off to the side. After a couple weeks, you'll have a clear separation line between the oil, puke, and water. Pump off the oil, get rid of the rest, and filter like normal.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
you could add a band heater around the barrel or if it would stay cold this winter put it outside and let it freeze in the bottom and drain the oil off the top.

my wife mentioned they would never find my body if i put a 5 gallon bucket in the chest freezer to seperate the water out.

wmoguy

Reaction score
I have to pull the water/fuel out of my rear tank, about 40 gallons out of my in bed transfer tank, and then try and get the water out. I was planning on letting it settle for a few days, then from the bottom, pump liquid out until it looks like oil vs. black water. Then pump thru water separators several times before putting it back into the pickup.

My question is: whats a safe way to dispose of oily water?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
autozone by me takes oil, i give them the sludgy stuff i dont want. they can take up to 5 gallons a month from a regular guy. no garages though

wdkingery

Reaction score
I have my drain about 12 gallons up the side of my 55 gallon drum, so I can have up to 12 gallons of water.

I forgot to add a hole @ the bottom of the drum.. Thinkin about drilling a tiny hole into a full 55 gallon drum.. Idiot!

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my drain about 12 gallons up the side of my 55 gallon drum, so I can have up to 12 gallons of water.

I forgot to add a hole @ the bottom of the drum.. Thinkin about drilling a tiny hole into a full 55 gallon drum.. Idiot!

I did the same, Put the outlet well above the bottom, I use a 5 gallon bucket so draining it is not a problem. I dont drive teh truck much so I dont have to run it constantly. I fill the bucket adn let it sit for a few days with diesel/WMO mix to let everything settle out. Then I gravity filter it out, Ever so often I drain the last of the bucket into waste adn start over. Kinda a small scale setup.

paulb3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to pull the water/fuel out of my rear tank, about 40 gallons out of my in bed transfer tank, and then try and get the water out. I was planning on letting it settle for a few days, then from the bottom, pump liquid out until it looks like oil vs. black water. Then pump thru water separators several times before putting it back into the pickup.

My question is: whats a safe way to dispose of oily water?

Well depending on where you live and what the requirements are you could just pour it in a shallow pan to dry and then use dry sweep and dispose of the left overs.