Water pump gasket

jayro88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Got it replaced and all back together. Got it up to operating temp and everything looks sealed up and dry so far.

I cleaned everything up real well. Used some 3M spray adhesive to on the water pump side of the gasket to hold it in place and then put a thin coat of the grey water pump rtv on the other side. Used a couple of the long bolts through 2 of the short bolt holes to mount/hold the water pump in place while I started all the rest of them. Seemed to work well. No issues getting it lined up and no issue with the gasket shifting at all. Used antiseeze on all the bolts except the 4 that take rtv......used the grey stuff on those.

The biggest pain of the whole thing was getting the fan off and putting it back on. Ended up having to use an air hammer to get it to start turning when removing it. Then lining up it up and spinning it to start the threads when re-installing took forever. I made sure I used loctite on the threads so it doesn’t spin off when the engine stops.

I filled with distilled water to run it and test for leaks. Planning on dumping some coolant flush in and running that way until next weekend. Then I will drain and fill with the correct coolant/SCAs. Figured 300 miles without it won’t kill anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online