Warm start issue

turbo_joe

Reaction score
i have a 90 n/a 7.3, every once in a while after its been warmed up it wont start, just crank and crank, like its not getting fuel,ill let it sit for a while and itl start, recently it started happening almost everytime i shut it off and go to start it before it gets cooled down, it happened at class once, and my instructor was looking at it upluging stuff while i was turning it over he says it might be the advance piston getting stuck, and now i just burned up a starter -cuss, so if you have any ideas let me know thanks

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
It sounds like an IP issue, but im not 100% sure on how they work internally but a lot of people here do. Just hang in there, others will tell you whats going on.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Sounds like the IP, specially since it only happens when the engine is still warm. Do You use fuel additive with the diesel fuel?

Also don't crank the engine more than 15-30 seconds and then let it cool for a minute or two, that will keep You from burning them. I know it is frustrating when You want it to start but if all is well it should start with only one crank.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online