WANTED: Diesel Cab/Chassis, near Oregon

dozer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
howdy guys!

I'm hoping this will turn out to be a good medium-truck forum. There sure doesn't seem to be any other place for us, that I've found.

I'm looking to buy a cheap cab/chassis with 12-13' of frame behind the cab.

Don't need fancy, just something I can afford. I have a good DT466/Allison here, so my preference would be for a mid-80's IHC 1700-1900 with the 4-wheel disc-brakes and a bad 466.

But I'm open to any brand or model.

The closer to Medford Oregon the better, but I'll drive for the right truck and price.

Let me know what you have, or know of !

thanks much,

Richard; 541-944-9746

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dozer,

Welcome aboard! We're hoping the M/D forums become a place where M/D guys can finally come out of the shadows and talk about our trucks.

dozer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
howdy Mark, Duke, and thanks for the welcome!

Yup, I search truckpaper every now and then; but haven't found what I want there yet. Any other links would be appreciated.

I just sold my '83 GMC7000 today, and hopefully I'll have something 'new' to discuss soon! :D

Mark, I'm sorry to say that I haven't had a chance to even go -visit- the salmon on the Rogue... -cuss LOL

Besides, we've got a real serious water problem this year. The run on the Applegate was pitiful this spring. When fire-season hits...I don't even want to think about it.... :hail :hail :hail

Last edited:

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
"Always willing to trade: need 60-100 amp Plasma-Cutter, Tubing Bender with dies, etc.."

I think every shop needs that stuff ;)
Are you going to use that '79 466?

The best I can come up with (hint-hint Mark) is Bay Shore Truck Equipment Co. It's in Livermore(40 miles from me)a phone#1-800-541-8855. and a website:

http://www.bayshoretruck.com/

dozer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nevrenufhp said:
"Always willing to trade: need 60-100 amp Plasma-Cutter, Tubing Bender with dies, etc.."

I think every shop needs that stuff ;)
Are you going to use that '79 466?

The best I can come up with (hint-hint Mark) is Bay Shore Truck Equipment Co. It's in Livermore(40 miles from me)a phone#1-800-541-8855. and a website:

http://www.bayshoretruck.com/

Thanks Nevr, I'll check that site out.

My preference for a truck is a mid-late 80's IHC; and one with a bad 466 will be a lot cheaper... So I've been hanging on to that 466/tranny. It only has 122K miles on it...barely broken in! LOL

But it's listed for sale on my webpage; so if someone wants it...

Richard

Markinter

User Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the hint nevrenufhp. I'm north of Tucson right now at a flying J truck stop that has a wifi hotspot. I will be putting on over 5k miles this month doing the Utah Co, ID, WY, and NM worktrip.

dozer.... All your rain slid down here to sunny (not) SoCal. A good friend of mine has a place on the Rogue, beautiful country up there!

dozer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey Mark, not quite all of it !

We got pounded most of the day yesterday (Sunday). That's OK, we need the water...

So Mark, do you work at a truck dealer or something? I'm a cheap (poor) bastid, but I -am- in serious ready-to-buy mode; so if you think you might have something...I'm ready to move on it...

Richard; 541-944-9746

metal at fullwave dawt kom

dozer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ps; Never, I checked out that Bayshore website, but all they show is driveline parts...I didn't see any trucks for sale there.

R.

Markinter

User Registered
Reaction score
No dozer I'm just a workin stiff. I work for Circuit City and I travel to most of the Western US for them. That's why I'm somewhat familiar with Medford.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.