Wanted: A shop or someone in the Lebanon, MO area to do a ZF swap.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a friend who owns a '93 F350 4x4 with a E4DOA currently residing where a ZF5 needs to be installed. He drives OTR, so he doesn't have the time to tackle the swap himself or he would if time allowed. The mechanic shop who does the safety inspections for the town did such a poor job on a basic clutch swap on his Toyota PU "commuter mule", the truck had to be towed out of the shop and he had to undo the mechanic's screw up (clutch disc was installed facing the wrong way) before he could use the truck again. The shop originally was the one doing the ZF swap, but after the fiasco with the toyota clutch, he won't bring another job to the shop other than if it was a safety inspection for the state.
I'm posting for him with two objectives in mind, one. to find a member here who has done a ZF swap, and is willing to do another for compensation, OR if someone in the area knows a shop that can handle such a job.
Thanks in advance! :D

gandalf

Reaction score
I, of course, know absolutely nothing about shops in Missouri. Therefore, I'll suggest the only shop I have heard of, which is about 100 miles from Tom, as the crow flies. That would be Brian's Truck Shop in Lead Hill, Arkansas. They are best known for their super-built E4ODs, but I'd guess they can do a straight swap.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ken-
Tom says thanks for the E4DOA referral, but he really wants a ZF5 put in rather than another E4DOA.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86