vats system

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone no anything about the vats in a 92 firebird it has a 305 tpi. it has a engine light on and the code said vats.:dunno

cardana24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
VATS= vehicle anti theft system

What do you need to know about it? I put a 94 camaro engine in my jeep and had to bypass the vats system for it to run. I have a vats bypass I would be willing to sell if you figure out that is what your problem is.

I assume the vehicle will not start or dies after is starts? Do you have the key made for the car. Your key should have a transponder type chip in it. If you do not have the proper key for the ecm then the car will not run. If you could describe your problem better I can probably help you.

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how muck do you want for the bypass cause it sucks geting stuck across town cause of it

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its got the chip in the key sometimes it will turn over and the pump wont turn on sometimes it wont do **** and it will bump start then it runs like crap and dies

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
its shutting your fuel pump down. get a locksmith to program your key is the easiest way. sometimes you can turn your key on and off in 15 minute intervals and it program itselft. like on 15 mins then off for a second then on 15 mins an so on

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i jus want it gone lol but i got alot of time (i broke some teeth off in the trans opps) it has the t5

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i jus want it *gone* lol but i got alot of time (i broke some teeth off in the trans opps) it has the t5

* good* but id take 1000 for it its got headman headers free flowing pipe with a flowmaster rear end hs less than 3000 miles since its rebuild (all bearings new postrack and 3.73 gears this thing is wicked fast my estamated top speed is 150 to 160 at redline) extra pos read with 3.27 gears should make the top end higher ,1 extra drive shaft , extra wire harness minus ecm early style that uses mass air sense, irock wheels, it has new fuel pump

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
* good* but id take 1000 for it its got headman headers free flowing pipe with a flowmaster rear end hs less than 3000 miles since its rebuild (all bearings new postrack and 3.73 gears this thing is wicked fast my estamated top speed is 150 to 160 at redline) extra pos read with 3.27 gears should make the top end higher ,1 extra drive shaft , extra wire harness minus ecm early style that uses mass air sense, irock wheels, it has new fuel pump

text me some pics if you can 2709332667