Used engines

Smokey73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone know a good place to buy used engines online? It seems hard to find anywhere that has used, not rebuilt diesel engines. There's lots of gas engines out there but I'm haveing a hard time finding diesels.

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
You may have a tuff time finding any in TX, since so many get sent to Central and South America.
Out West, there's a few, and a bunch in the mid west & north east. You may even catch a better deal from one out here in CA, then shipping it.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You may have a tuff time finding any in TX, since so many get sent to Central and South America.
Out West, there's a few, and a bunch in the mid west & north east. You may even catch a better deal from one out here in CA, then shipping it.
+1.
I cruise CL for $1500 and under running truck deals. Bad tags but good runners will go cheap in kali. Nothing beats being able to see, touch and feel a motor run. If you can't do that, they are worth scrap value. If the motor is removed from a chassis, it's worth no more than $300. Nobody and I do mean nobody yanks these motors out for *****-n-giggles.
It also helps the independent wrecking yards in my area has my number on speedial when a IDI sale is called in. they generally won't buy them anymore, but they know I will and I own towtrucks to go get them pronto;Sweet