Update pic of my truck

86SCLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well since I haven't posted a pic of my truck In a while I thought it was about time.
Upgrades are in my sig. I found a set of f350 axles for it d60/10.25 4.10s and both have limited slip and come with 4" lift springs (all for 1000) :D. This spring I will be doing an 8" lift with some 40" tires. I am also building a rear offroad bumper witch should be on this weekend and I will take pics once its on. I am going to paint it this winter to, it's getting a set of rust free doors from my 86 and then it's getting painted black. Hope y'all like it!

You must be registered for see images attach

86SCLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a question about the EGTs for my truck...i just figured out where my probe was and its directly behind the turbo on the downpipe. I have done some reading and have come up with anything from 600 to 950 . What is the correct answer? Currently driving down the highway they sit anywhere from 550-650.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
What turbo are you running and can you post a pic of this probe location. The pyro probe needs to be in the cast iron part of the inlet to the turbo. Not the thin pipe going to the exhaust tail pipe.

86SCLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a CTS (Canadian turbo systems). It was installed in 91 i believe and i can't find any info on it. You guys would probably find pics interesting..lol I will get some pics after supper.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IIRC CTS runs off one side of engine I cant recall but I think it was passengers side had a custom manifold that the turbo mounted to and then a cross over pipe came up into it..

Similar to the 6.5 GM's

I could be wrong but don't quote me on that.....

BTW very nice looking ride, if you ever get out this way, stop in for a beer or coffee..

Al

86SCLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope it runs off of both sides. I'm going to upload some pics right away for your viewing pleasure..haha
Ps. If you were closer i defiantly would..haha but BC is quite the trek and I have only ever been there once before.

86SCLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is some pics of my turbo

bookite03

Nice Crummy
Reaction score
That CTS intake hat would be a good candidate for an intercooler. There is a guy selling one of these kits in the marketplace. He's local to me...picked up some parts from him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance