United Rents dump trailer

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with the 7 ton dump trailers united ( formerly RSC) rents? I need to haul some serious gravel and its too far to be paying transit on it ,. Was wondering if those things were any good and if they had electric dump or hand pump or? The fella at local office was rather clueless on the phone ( have to reserve the things ahead and I guess it gets dropped off by one of their big trucks )
and before anyone freaks, I do have a hitch rated for every bit of it
Thanks------Robert

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
Took some digging, but maybe this is similar to what you are after:

http://www.rockanddirt.com/search?l0=trailers&l1=REDI-HAUL&l2=RH12252DTS&l3=invnum=4249953

I see it is hydraulic, trying to find out more.

Here's this:

http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=4646101

"Hydraulic Cylinders power up and power down

Self contained electric/hydraulic pump with battery and remote control in lockable box "

Not fully sure what model you would get, but what I could find, seems united uses Redi Hauls. So maybe that is your answer there!

I'd be curious to know how much it is to rent. Also, where do you get a hitch capable of supporting that? Could our trucks handle something like that?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Cool, thanks!. Thats the ticket, something like that I can tilt back and spread out while pulling it out;Sweet save a lot of work with the tractor

I don't know about buying a bolt on hitch that can handle it, but I have a Western Hauler bed and they build a hitch intagrally into that overweight monstrosity to where it becomes part of the entire truck that you wouldnt believe, they rate it for the highest capacity available. that thing was designed for commercial hotshot haulers, it's not a show bed you can shove a solid pintle insert into that sucker and backup to darn near anything
( there's a reasonm it weighs over 1000 lbs more than a stock f350 dually :eek: oil companies used to use these things to haul quick pipe loads all over Texas, and they don't know the meaning of the word scale.

I dont know how they secure it with a regular kit hitch, but etrailer has a 17000 lb hitch for your truck and a few 16000 . The frame if not rusty, can handle it for sure, its just getting enough good mounting points

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
oh, and the fella I called told me the rental by the day on that critter was about $175, I don't know what the deposit is

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Robert; The Ace Hwd. here has a rental. They rent just about anything. They do have one of those trailers like you want. Isn't there a rental around you that might have one?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Hey Robert; The Ace Hwd. here has a rental. They rent just about anything. They do have one of those trailers like you want. Isn't there a rental around you that might have one?

Not down here, but it looks like we're moving real soon ( reason we need the gravel got to firm up a drive a bit or im gonna sink my rig:)and they had a huge Ace up where we are going, I may need to look into that, it would cut down on the return mileage a bunch as I think theres a quarry closer in as well

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
Did your truck come with the western hauler add on, or you put it on yourself? Their website only sells for new vehicles

edit: curious what you know about the western haulers. If I found one in a junkyard, would it be feasible? Could I pluck one off say a extended cab as long as it was a 8 foot bed and put it on mine? or it would need to be a crew cab?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online