turbo kit

jimraelee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats kind of an open question, do you want a complete package like a banks where it comes with everything from intake, turbo, exhaust and all the little stuff inbetween for $3k ??? Or do you want just an ATS turbo, intake half package for $2k???

Oh and welcome

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A Hypermax Pulse turbo is the least expensive to buy and install. Uses existing exhaust and intake, no frills, but plenty of power.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 Hypermax. I wound up with an ATS non gated system, but if I was to buy a new one it was going to be hypermax.

Kohan

Kohan the Barbarian
Reaction score
96 PSD turbo setup?

Is it possible to bolt in the turbo setup from an 96 PSD?

Kohan

Kohan the Barbarian
Reaction score
What fab skills? Little welding.

I must be missing something.

Incoming air is a piece of cake as its all there no fab. Slight fabrication to mount turbo in proper placement for up and down pipes. Air from turbo goes to air filter housing/intake. Banks uses a Cast aluminum housing for this, but could be fabbed out of aluminum plate or steel and welded. I'd probably try my hand at casting one if planning ahead.

Is there something else I am missing?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
You gotta figure out oil lines, I dont know where a PSD drains its oil into so it could be as simple as 2 oil lines. Mounting the turbo will be hard, they are big compared to our IDI turbo's, and we already have clearnace issues. But like I said it can be done, but you will need to have some good fab skills.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to bolt in the turbo setup from an 96 PSD?

Like Justin said.....lots of fab for the plumping (air, oil). Plus the '96 turbo is not wastegated.......With that on an IDI.....lots-o-lag.:puke: Flatlander is using a non gated PSD in series with his Banks turbo to make about 18 psi. But again, without the Banks feeding the PSD turbo.....who knows, likely to make much less boost and with lots of lag. One member on another site (TDS) "woodie" has used a '99 wastegated PSD turbo on his IDI and he will see max of 12 psi, which is pretty normal for most turbo'ed IDI's. Shoot flatlander a PM. He's likely to have more information on early PSD turbos.

Heath

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online