truck wont start? Lift pump vs. air intrusion

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Bad Schrader valve? :dunno There is another line coming off the fitting at the head where it supplies the IP. This line goes to the fuel return line cap. Disconnect it and you should have fuel coming out of that fitting.

goatwrangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope, no white smoke out of the exhaust so I dont believe Im getting fuel. Ill crack the injector lines and crank her some more tomorrow when I have more light. I am getting some very little air hissing out of the schrader valve.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you install lift pump correctly? The metal arm should be on the bottom of the lobe. It is, however, easy for you to accidentally place arm on the top of cam lobe which will cause issues.

goatwrangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I know I installed the pump correctly. I took the output line off the fuel pump and cranked the engine over and it pump fuel out.

osokusmc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you ensure that the arm is below the lobe? Do you have to roll the engine over to find a certain spot on the lobe?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
How do you ensure that the arm is below the lobe? Do you have to roll the engine over to find a certain spot on the lobe?
Stick your finger in the hole???
Kinda like telling if an alligator is male or female.... :roflmao
Really I don't know. Just a guess.

osokusmc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stick your finger in the hole???
Kinda like telling if an alligator is male or female.... :roflmao
Really I don't know. Just a guess.

The way I worded it does kind of look like code talk for what teenagers do in the back seat of a car.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
The way I worded it does kind of look like code talk for what teenagers do in the back seat of a car.
Lol I think you would just angle the arm down when putting it in. Then you should be able to get the bolts started.
Who needs back seats of cars?! Single cab bench seats FTW!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online