Truck stolen, Found, Might need help in Denver.

LumbermanSVO

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been on the road for the last two months and came through town(Denver) today to find out that my '86 had been stolen from the company parking lot. A call to the police and I learned that it had been abandoned in Commerce City with the wrong license plates on it. I am going to the towing yard to pick it up tomorrow, I don't know if it even runs. If it doesn't I'll have it towed back to my work and try to fix it on the weekend of the 17th. Is there anyone who might be able to give me a hand if it needs fixing? I live in Colorado Springs and all my tools and such are down there.

I'll throw up an update tomorrow with It's condition.

fastass350

SStock8569
Reaction score
Where is your work at? Your avatar says WA?? Let us know the outcome and where the truck will be, someone on here should be nearby to lend a hand, or we are all hear for mental stability:)

LumbermanSVO

Reaction score
Yeah, I haven't been on here much since I moved to Colorado Springs and started driving truck...

My work is at Quebec St and I-70 in Denver, behind the Red Lion where I just enjoyed a few beers.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think his work is in Denver, CO, and his truck got found some 15-20 miles from downtown Denver. According to Google maps Edmonds, WA is some 1,300-1,400 miles northwest of both.

fastass350

SStock8569
Reaction score
I see...I thought if you were still in WA I could give ya a hand, but CO is a bit of a drive for a day of helping :)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure where BJ is exactly. Check the BOOB site. If there is anybody in Colorado with tons of experience, it's him.

LumbermanSVO

Reaction score
Well, the registration was no longer in the glove box and I don't have the title so I can't pick it up. I talked tot he lady at the counter and she said if I leave it and never get it they will sell it at auction and I won't owe them anything. I bought it for $50 and spent less than $1000 on repairs over the 4 years I've owned so so at this point I think I'll just let the towing company keep it.

If anyone is interested, it is at Mirage Recovery in Commerce City, CO. If you keep an eye on their auctions you might be able to pick it up cheap. It was a good truck while I had it. I don't know if it still runs, it might still have the brand new batteries in it. (the big truck ones that barely fit)

I also got the DirecTV bill with a name and address out of the truck, the person who was driving it left it behind and even put a cheap CD player and speakers in it.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
I'm missing something. You're not going to get YOUR truck back because the registration is missing. :confused:I must have misread something.

Tom

fastass350

SStock8569
Reaction score
Something doesn't sound right. The truck was registered to you right? Having worked at a tow company, though it was in WA, it didn't matter a bit what was in the truck or what wasn't. If it's registered to you and you have proof of insurance it's yours. My experience with tow companies (other than the one I worked for ofcourse :angel:) was they can't really be trusted.

All we ever did, was take a copy of a drivers license belonging to the registered owner, and have them fill out a right of redemption form, and pay and they had the rig back. That was what was required by the state.

Hope some of that helps, hate to see you lose a truck if you don't want to.

Chris

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I'm guessing that he's familiar with dealing with WA state and trying to get a duplicate title or registration , especially trying to get it sent out of state, and the prospect of paying storage to a big city impound lot that is probably hitting him to the tune of $50-100 a day starting from the day they picked it up, shall I go on. That'll probably be a $5000 truck by the time he gets his paperwork in order, if it isn't already

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
wait so he gets his truck stolen, they find it then put it in an impund lot and charge the snot out of you. isent that screwing the victom here?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
wait so he gets his truck stolen, they find it then put it in an impund lot and charge the snot out of you. isent that screwing the victom here?
Bingo!
If you have full coverage, they will pay it and negotiate the rate down so it doesn't cost them as much

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't that the way it's supposed to be done??!!
Seems like it - we ran into somthing of that nature a few years ago, a friend of mine broke down on the side of the road so she got someone to come pick her up and left the car there but they pushed it ways away from the main lanes, next day we're going with a big-rig wrecker and a flat-deck trailer to get it (all I had available at the time, buddy's dad's equipment) and car was already towed!!! It was a 2-day period back then, or at least should have been, turns out in the morning an MDOT van drove by and slapped on the tow sticker with the correct date, but than around noon some opportunistic tow-truck a-hole (from a "police towing" company too) drove by, say the sticker, chose to ignore the date on it and hooked up the car. Long story short my buddy's dad calls his people up, they call the "police towing" company and raise all kinds of hell on them, the police towing company calls up the impound yard and raises all kinds of hell upon them, car gets released with the bill being footed by the police towing company. Now here's the funny part - the idiot who towed the car to begin with, he got fired cause of all this, and where he went to look for a new job - yeps, right where my buddy's dad (guy with big rig wrecker) works at :backoff

John Deere

Reaction score
A friend of mine had his 96 dodge stolen in denver a couple years ago, when found, it had stolen colorado plates on it. He had to get new plates to put on it before he picked it up from impound, and had to pay a couple hundred bucks for the impound and towing. The thieves did abandon it with a full tank of fuel. :D