truck problems

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a 1999 PSD, My wife and sister took it camping. So problem- just fueled it up, positive green pump. But now when driving it after a mile starts chugging and dies , it will start right back up and do the same thing. Ideals? thinking fuel filter . Am gather some stuff together to go and try to get it running right.

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Must of been filter. Drove 140 miles to where they where put a new on in . Acted little funny and died couple times for about 30 miles . After that drove it 110 miles home did not miss a beat. So hopefully that was the problem.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did your fuel filter light come on? On my old truck, I put a diagnostic quick disconnect so I could measure actual fuel pressure upstream and downstream of the filter, kind of keeping an eye on what pressure the lift pump was making as well as taking a look at pressure drop as the filter filled (I was running lots of WMO). I'm not familiar with the PSD circuit, but on the IDI's the fuel filter light was just a low pressure light, maybe your sensor is bad or the light is burned out?

In any case, certainly sounds like a fuel filter issue. Glad it didn't strand you ;Sweet

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
probably poor fuel or water in fuel from the fill-up. I'd keep the reciept handy in case of any further damage but a 7.3 PSD can most of the time handle poor fuel unlike the newer PSDs

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86