Truck nicknames

creighta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck has yet to earn a name, but I had a student several years ago w/ a 6.9 xcab that they called Lazarus.

It was abandoned behind their barn for years until he got his license and brought it back from the dead. IIRC it had over 1/2 million miles on it and was still going.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
"Big Ed",...Why Big Ed? you say because it is "Big Red", without the "R". I have owned 5 "Big Red" Trucks and they have all been "Big Red", but that name was getting to obvious, so I droped the R and just called it Big Ed. To me it's funny and just sounds like a "big stupid truck" name. I may be a little synical,.. cookoo

1969 F350 CC Long box 2wd 390 auto,..Big Red I
1979 F250 Ex Cab Camper Special 460 auto long box 2wd,..Big Red II
1999 F250 Ex Cab 4x4 Long Box V10,.. Big Red III
1987 F250 Ex Cab 4x4 6.9L Diesel,.. Big Red IV
1989 F350 CC LB,....Big Ed V..you get the idea,..

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
I haven't come up with a name for him yet (yes, hes a guy) I've started to call him big grey, but i dunno if that will stick or not..... My horse I had I used to call big grey all the time.... Oh well.....

Trex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the fella's at work call mine the D-9 Dozer cause when i fire her up she sound's just like a D-9!!

Ford428CJ

FE Freak!
Reaction score
My Blue 76 F150 (that's pictured) I called The Blue Beast!!! I sold that a while back.
I dont have a name for my 79 f-250 Super Cab yet.......But I will.

Crumm

No Comment
Reaction score
Crummy is what we call my 96' F350.

I use to be a logger:
In logging areas, from the late 1930s, a crummy was an old box car or caboose in which loggers were transported from towns to the current cutting site at the logging camp.

A bit later, beat-up buses and trucks used to haul forest laborers were crummies.

Now crummy can mean a school bus, or any vehicle that carries workers to and from distant work sites.
Crummy
Early term for a logger's bed roll and possessions. Most recently the vehicle that hauls the loggers to the work site.

Last edited: