Truck Jerking

bsays

Longgreenford
Reaction score
My truck started jerking or jumping awhile back and I can't seem to figure it out. When the tourqe converter locks-up in third and overdrive under normal driving the truck seems to jerk, if I accelerate hard it stops. I thought it was the TC locking and unlocking so I went down that trail, I replaced the throttle postion sensor and set the voltage to 1.0V. Changed the Tach sensor, the Vehicle speed sensor, the MLP sensor and set it useing the proper tool. I also replaced the plug that plugs into the trans. on the passenger side because the wires were kinda oil soaked and swollen. I even taped into the wire that tells the TC to lock up and hooked it up to a LED light, that way I could tell what the TCM was telling the trans. to do. The LED lights up right after the trans shifts into 3rd and stays lit steady even when the jerking is going on. I am at my wits end with this thing.
Any ideas?
I also posted this on TDS.
HELP!

pafixitman

Reaction score
Jerking

It sounds like you covered every electrical component w/ the tranny. The only advice I can offer is about a year ago mine started jumping upwards of 1,000 rpms at various times. I recalled at my last fuel fill I ran out of conditioner. Gave her a heavy dose and the problem went away in a few miles.

It may very well be fuel / pump related.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Well seeing you know the torque converter is being told to lock up we know you don't really have an electrical issue. Perhaps instead of making it stay locked up, make it stay unlocked and see what happens. Simply cut that wire your LED is hooked to, and drive around for a few miles. Won't hurt anything, see if your jerking stops then. If so maybe you need to replace your TC.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just for S&G, find yourself a reputable trans shop and ask them if they have a "Sonnomax" trans fluid flow tester. Its an item you "T" into the case or cooler line and it will measure and record you fluid pressures as you are taking the truck on a test drive. something tells me that your solenoid pack is on its way out if you have already replaced all the engine sensors.

bsays

Longgreenford
Reaction score
Yea I guess my next stop is the transmission shop, I really hate to do that, I just don't trust those guys!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online