Truck is down for the count need your feed back

YEOLDSMOKEY

Reaction score
My truck keeps die at low rpms i have fuel the fuel pump is working i think its the injecter pump but my fuel level seneder is bad i don't think that has any thing to do white it
if it is the injector pump are there any performance once that i can put in and perfomance injectors

Thanks for your guys time and help

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, cheap and easy first. If your fuel sender is bad, are you sure you ahve at least 1/4 tank in both fuel tanks? If you don't, you may be sucking air somewhere. Also if it has run out of fuel, you'll have to bleed the air out of teh injector pump before you can get a start. If it does turn out to be the injector pump you can get a turbo cal pump, or slome degree of modification for a N/A engine from Ken @DPS. Stage 1 injectors can also be had from the same source. Hypermax diesel makes some similar stuff, but I haven't heard any feedback good or bad from them. Ken's feedback has been mostly good with 6.9/7.3 stuff, although be advised, he uses reground injectors many a time for his Stage 1s and some people have been upset over that. Well good luck with your problem.
J.D.

EvergreenRanch

In Transition
Reaction score
i 2nd the air intrusion prognosis.....from what i have been told, even a super bad pump will continue to function to some degree. sounds a whole lot more like its getting pockets of air.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Does it die when it returns to idle but if you were to cushion the return to idle will it idle then?

When was the last time you replaced your fuel filter?

What is the idle rpm?