Truck im looking at

DBogo

Reaction score
i am looking at a truck that the owner said ever sence the reacall on the throttle cable sence he got it replaced when he starts it in the cold it stalls but once warm it runs fine i hear this may be just a low idle, also it has an oil leak around the timing cover area its only about a drop the size of a quarter overnight so from what i hear with that little amount of oil leak that it shouldnt be the KDP what do you think? and the owner said that the tranny a while ago would slip out of OD but it dont do it no more do you think thats a sign of somethign or just a one time deal? the ac dosnt work i dont care though prolly needs a new compressor or somethign of the sort and the cruise dont work could this be a sign of future problems or is this just with the cruise thanks guys by the way its got 198k

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
Run, don't walk. That thing sounds like a pos. The tranny used to slip but it don't slip no more? What, did it just happen to get some magic fairy dust?

If you want more headaches, I'd recommend that you buy it.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Swany is right - run Forest run...

Find one with a manual and take the worry about WHEN the tranny will go south out of the equation. they are out there just have to look a little harder and move quick when they become avail (bolt action trannies).

if you stuck on wanting an automatic trans you in luck because those trucks are a dime a dozen (there's a reason for that ya know).

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
An auto with 198k is going to need help soon regardless IMO. The AC didn't work on mine either when I bought it. Filled it up with AC stuff for about $13 including buying a hose and it works fine. When the pressure gets low, the compressor won't run. If you have $$ for a DTT job in the near future and the price is right?? The oil leak could be the crank shaft seal around the cover or the cover seal itself. But if it's the seal between the gear case and the block it's $$ to fix. Mine leaked and it was nearly $2k to have it replaced. Really it's the same job as replacing a gear case when a kdp bites minus the cost of a new case. A real good pressure wash and a quick drive to find the leak could be the difference of $50 for new gear cover and crank shaft seal or much more for the seal behind the case. Either way, tab that kdp while yer in there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online