Troubleshooting DTC P1212

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These PSD's like clean oil.
Possibility of cracked oil pump pickup tube. You have to overfill the oil to check it out, that floods the tube. I'm thinking 3 Qts.

Is your HP oil reserviour full before starting, should be 1/2" to 3/4 " from the top.

You can unplug the ICP and let the PCM take over.

Any oil in the valley pan? Leaking O'ring at the oil rail connection.

MOWOG

Gearhead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well now I've just got to remove the plug to the PCM and check out the connection. Those blue sleeves I'm pretty sure we're put on by a Ford Service tech... I'm thinking as part of that last recall to fix the 'truck spontaneously catches on fire' problem. So once I've got thr plug off I can check out the sensor wiring. I've got a new OEM ICP sensor to throw in as well. It's got a fresh oil change with Delo and I'm thinking the levels are all ok, but I'll recheck. I did'nt notice any oil leaks when I had the fuel bowl out.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
That is incorrect.
Wrong location. See the sensor on the brake master? Follow those wires. That's where the fire recall was.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

MOWOG

Gearhead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed the new OEM ICP sensor and that fixed my problem! CEL is gone and ICP volts at KOEO is .22, and .90 at idle. I unplugged the plug at the PCM and was able to test the wiring using this pinout diagram:
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's still some hinky wiring at the PCM connector. I wouldn't be surprised if those particular wires are the among the ones to the ICP.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online