Transmission O/D off light flashing

taber45

Reaction score
94 F250 7.3 Non turbo here. Got the thing running again and today after a cross-state trip, noticed the transmission O/D off light on the auto shifter flashing. Checked the owners manual and it says to get service immediately. The electronic control has sensed a fault and the transmission is running in safety mode or something. What can this be? Is it safe to drive it? What should I check out? How do I get that stupid light to go away?

firemedicmonkey

Erie Surf and Ski
Reaction score
Get ready to get your pocket book out. That falshing light means there is some error in the tranny. In my case it was a whole laundry list of codes that is leading me to a rebuild of the tranny. You need to get that truck into a tranny shop or other shop that can read the codes asap. You have a chance that the if the light is blinking it is only something electronic like a soleniod or something cheap, less than $150 but it could cost as much as $1500 for a rebuild. So yeah get that code checked asap.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One suggestion...since this doesn't sound like it's a dire emergency to the point where you're stuck on the side of the highway, you might get a a better response if you post this on the 6.9l and 7.3l IDI board. It's a couple of boards below this one on the main page.

Unfortunately, I can't offer more, since I don't know anything abou the E4OD...

Good luck!!!

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
taber45 said:
94 F250 7.3 Non turbo here. Got the thing running again and today after a cross-state trip, noticed the transmission O/D off light on the auto shifter flashing. Checked the owners manual and it says to get service immediately. The electronic control has sensed a fault and the transmission is running in safety mode or something. What can this be? Is it safe to drive it? What should I check out? How do I get that stupid light to go away?

CHECK THIS THREAD OUT ON E4OD DIAGNOSTICS.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online