transmission issue

jtate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well tonight i went to pick up some movies from the rental store. when i was leaving the store i pulled out onto the highway at a idle and decided to manually shift it through the gears so i pulled it down into L1 and it shifted down a gear. i thought this was strange so i came to a stop and put it back in drive and let my foot off the brake and idled for a couple feet and put it back in L1 again and it preceeded to down shift again. the next time i tried it the same way but i started off in L2 and rolled for another two feet and shifted down to L1 and it shifted down a gear. what would be causing it to start off in 2nd and not 1st? ive changed just about everything electrical and made sure the fipl is adjusted and the mlps is brand new and adjusted proper. if i start off in L1 and shift it through the gears it does fine.:dunno

DragRag

Reaction score
Maybe the cable isn't pulling it into 1 and it is still in 2? Starting off in 2 really sucks in my truck, it's to heavy I guess to really be effective. Of course I use 2 for pulling a hill now and again. Does it start in 1 when in D when starting from a stop?

jtate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe the cable isn't pulling it into 1 and it is still in 2? Starting off in 2 really sucks in my truck, it's to heavy I guess to really be effective. Of course I use 2 for pulling a hill now and again. Does it start in 1 when in D when starting from a stop?
if i manualy put it in L1 and take off itll start off in 1st and not shift up until i shift it, but if i start off in D it starts off in 2nd.

sootman73

Reaction score
sounds like a problem with the solenoid pack or the electronics. the shift cable on an E4OD doesn't really have that much to do with shifting like a c6 does.

jtate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i get a chance this weekend, im going to ohm out the pins on the solenoid harness conector to see if one of the solenoids might be shorted.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZTSpridgen