Transformation

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
The polishing was done before I got it. I just finished it up with some detailing. If it were my choice starting from scratch, I'd just paint it. ***** to keep clean...every time I rest an oily hand on it.:eek: And aluminum scratches easily. It's hard to keep a daily driver looking "show ready". I just keep it as clean as I can, which makes it far more enjoyable to work on.

Tom

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Thats what all idi motors should look like. Nothing is more inviting than a clean motor when you have to work on it. Thats something to be proud of. You elevation bites but it could be 10,000 feet too. Its just too bad we can't spray some O2 in the intake like some people have to live on... Maybe even just some compressed air would help instead of pure oxygen....:dunno

I've considered propane for this truck more than once. But then that falls into the same category as gauges...just something else to pay attention to that won't get paid attention to.:rotflmao

Tom

Exekiel69

Reaction score
You can hookup the LPG valve to a pressure switch (flashback arrestor some were in the line) and whenever the turbo spools up to #psi valve goes ON and sprays the gas, You can tweak it to limit how much and see if it keeps the temp on check.

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
The polishing was done before I got it. I just finished it up with some detailing. If it were my choice starting from scratch, I'd just paint it. ***** to keep clean...every time I rest an oily hand on it.:eek: And aluminum scratches easily. It's hard to keep a daily driver looking "show ready". I just keep it as clean as I can, which makes it far more enjoyable to work on.

Tom

Did you possibly pick up that kit off ebay? I swear I saw that same filter box being sold with a kit on there a few years ago...I admired the same finish as you showed/described.

That is one clean looking engine bay...still a ways to go with mine now that the turbo is on. Damned exhaust leaks to take care of first. No fun romping on her when it starts filling the cab with black smoke... -cuss

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online