Tranny Help

devinf350

Reaction score
I got a question! I was looking in the market place for a zf 5 tranny for my truck and everything keeps saying it has a 4x4 adapter plate! does that mean their is only one tranny for both 2 and 4 wheel drive? If anyone is knowledgeable about these trannys please give me a call at 865 307 9917 asap

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 4x4 tranny has a tail shaft on the back that allows a transfer case to be bolted to it.

Im not sure how the 2wd drive is, but I think it has a universal joint on the back that connects it to the driveshaft.

devinf350

Reaction score
Every one I find is for a four wheel drive and I need a 2 wheel drive. I dont have to have it, the e4od i got runs great but they just dont hold up on the pulling end of things and thats the whole reason for buying the truck

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you put a 4x4 tranny in you could also have a tcase, this would give you the option of a lower gear ratio to get things moving or to crawl through obstacles that may get in your way.

Is you truck a single cab or extended cab.

If its a single cab, I have everything needed to do the swap, including the driveshafts, except for the transfer case.

J D Recovery

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a e4od in my tow truck and its fine if you keep up on it. (filter ect..)
nevermind had to put another one in now:mad:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin