TPS FIPL Sensor voltage problem

Ferd_Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is a 93 7.3 E4od 4x4. I had a problem with delayed late and hard shift with heavy pedal. Idle voltage on middle wire was 1.230. So i lowered it to 1.03x and it shifted a lot better. Drove it around for 2 days and then flashing od light came on. Turns off with key and comes back on after i hit 45mph. So i thought I had maybe adjusted it too low so I bumped it up 1.1xx and it still came on. Disconnected battery's for 10 min , plugged it and shifted fine and od light didn't come back on but full throttle shifted weird and was like gear hinting 3-4. Checked voltage through sweep and WOT is only at 3.6. I was told min should be 3.8. Bad tps?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
How old is the tps? The recommend replacement around 50,000 to 75,000 miles. They do wear out becuse the internals are a finger rubbing on metal wires.

Ferd_Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I replaced it a year ago but I honestly can't remember, I'm gonna try replacing it and see

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you lower the idle voltage, the end result is that the WOT voltage will go higher.Try the idle volts at .98, you might like it.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
next time the light flashes,don't clear the codes (remove the battery cable so the light stops flashing) instead pull the codes with the scanner to see what it's telling you.don't assume it's tossing code 23.find out for sure and take the guess work out of it.whenever the od light flashes,she's tossing a code (or more.) there's many more things that it could be besides a tps code.
if you unhook the battery and make the od light quit flashing and then scan,your not going to pull the codes because you just cleared them see?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online