Tow report

smokin69

Always smokin'
Reaction score
Well after getting my new IP and injectors in and changing all the fluids and filters, I hauled my first load with my F350 and it sure suprised me the difference it made. I was hauling a 20 foot all steel stock trailer with a 2000 pound Percheron in it. With my old IP and injectors, I could bearly pull an empty hay wagon at 45 up hills without downshifting but with how it is now, I was able to keep up with traffic on the interstate pulling all the grades at 65-70 in drive. The only time I was above 50 mph and still in 2nd was when I had to start from a stop at the bottom of a hill on a back road and just let it muscle on up at 3300 rpm instead of trying to shift. Didn't smoke to much except for when just rolling into the throttle at stop lights and on the steep hills when it was almost matted. I'm thinking I might want to get a pyro on this beast before I pull anything heavier because under full throttle the truck smokes almost as much as my old IP did after I turned up the fuel. something I noticed though is sometimes after idling at a stop light or cruising with very light throttle I'll get wiffs of whitish blue smoke, like unburned fuel on a cold start up.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like good news. The cold smoke might be from the timing being retarded or the EGTs might be too cool to completely burn all your fuel. A pyro is never a bad idea especially if you work the truck and is a must once you start turning things up especially on a non turbo truck.

smokin69

Always smokin'
Reaction score
No idea on the grade % but some where maybe in the 4.5-5 % range, I know they weren't quite to 7.5%, as there's only one hill around me that's marked and they weren't as steep as it. As for length, a mile to maybe 3 miles for the longest one. I know with my old IP I would have to keep it booted just to go 65-70 on the flat so I'm really happy being able to do it up hills with a load now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online