Tow and Haul RV transporter build

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Free inspection...and it wasn't even laced with a handful of gotchas to drum up business. This IS a good sign ;Sweet

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Free inspection...and it wasn't even laced with a handful of gotchas to drum up business. This IS a good sign ;Sweet

No strings, I did ask. Said if anything failed it was my option to leave and get my own parts and fix it myself, buy parts there if I wanted too or have them fix it if I wanted too.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Lookin' good Mike. Best of Luck with it!! I hope it brings you fortune and fame. Bit NOW whadda we gonna look forward too? This post was great reading. Thanks

MMeier

Reaction score
No strings, I did ask. Said if anything failed it was my option to leave and get my own parts and fix it myself, buy parts there if I wanted too or have them fix it if I wanted too.

Now that you have your fed inspection, does Horizon still do their own when you get there?

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that you have your fed inspection, does Horizon still do their own when you get there?

No. They will only look at the truck to make sure you have the equipment that they require like hitches, mud flaps etc... and that the truck doesn't look like a raggety POS.

Freightrain

Just "B" it........
Reaction score
Can't wait to see it all loaded up and ready to roll!

Might have to get one of those panoramic cameras to get it all in...................

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maestro, Drum roll please!!!!!

Finished her maiden voyage to Saint Antonin Quebec with a 19' trailer on the deck and a 24' trailer behind and almost back to Goshen, IN now with a factory return 30' trailer from Ontario in tow. Will pick up two 19' trailers tomorrow or sunday in Goshen In headed for Salt Lake City.

Yep, she has a few "new truck bugs" and a few things I need to change and add too on my "work in progress". Best of all it's getting the job done nicely.

Was averaging 9.5 mpg loaded, havn't been able to get a good check on the empty mileage yet.

Hitch pinned in place
You must be registered for see images attach

Tires strapped down

Stinger extended and hooked up

My choo choo train.... ya want me to put it where!!!!! Bwaaaahahahaha

Ready to go

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
9.5 mpg for a double tow, that's nothing to sneeze at , especially these days ;Sweet
It looks like you could fit one quite a bit bigger up on the deck, what , about 22-24 ft?

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
9.5 mpg for a double tow, that's nothing to sneeze at , especially these days ;Sweet
It looks like you could fit one quite a bit bigger up on the deck, what , about 22-24 ft?

I can get nearly 32' of trailer on the deck with the allowed 4' overhang which is what the manufacturers will call a 26' or 27' trailer.

When I extend the deck forward 10' I should be able to load 2 14' trailers and tow a 3rd:D

MMeier

Reaction score
Cool !!! Give me a shout if you ever get near Vegas, want to check it out !

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tonka-
looking good:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
i hate bugs. but they're part of a build.
at least the mileage is decent for pushing a brick into the wind.