Tow and Haul RV transporter build

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the cab interior stripped, cut out and the sleeper in place. Had to drop the battery box, will have to lower it this weekend. We moved the drivers side fuel tank forward because of concern of clearance but it's fine so it can be put back where it was. Used part of the frame that will be cut off and discarded for L brackets to mount the rear of the sleeper. Overall went fairly smooth today.

Used Rubatex pipe insulation to make a custom boot between the cab and sleeper. Wesed contact cement to hold it in place so it can be crushed between the sleeper and cab.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
did he eat you out of house and home already?

He wouldn't even let me near the house LOL

Mike worked me so hard that he didn't even mention food till 3 pm :eek: :D

Things were going right smooth and frankly, it was about 3 before either one of us realized it ;Sweet

A rather productive day :thumbsup: Got Mike where he planed to be till Monday :D

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There might be a reason that there aren't any pics of me working.... too busy guarding the fridge:hail:backoffLOL

Day went really fast, Must say he moves pretty good for an "old man";p

Turned my back after mentioning moving chains around on the gantry to set up both chain hoists and when I looked back he was already on the roof of the shed:eek:..... without a ladder.... scurried up and down the gantry like a kid;Sweet

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
i wish i could be there hell i'd even buy the creative juice (beer) believe it or not there aren't many gearheads here (wrenching for fun) so i really miss the projects and all nighters

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Does that have the dash from the 80-86 trucks? I miss that dash from my old truck, I just like the looks of it.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does that have the dash from the 80-86 trucks? I miss that dash from my old truck, I just like the looks of it.

:dunno Best I can tell you is it's a '98. Here ya go, you'll have to decide.

Todays progress.
Moved the fuel tank back into place, put the bracket back on to limit forward movement and tightened the straps back up. Had to lower the battery box 2" and bolted everything back together. Still have plenty of ground clearance.

Not much else done except taking careful measurements to calculate the stretch. Wheelbase is getting a 118" stretch bringing it to a 295" wheelbase. This puts 60% of the 26' body forward of the rear axle (roughly 15.5') and 10.5' behind the center of the rear axle.

Last edited:

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what are the fuel tank sizes? and are you going to run alternative fuels?;Sweet

twin 40 or 50 gallons tanks. Have to clean the paint off a little better to read the lables but I think they are 50s. Will burn an estimated 1000 - 1300 gallons of fuel per month. I don't have time to hunt down or make alternative fuels and I won't switch to bio until it becomes available at nearly every truckstop.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that truck is just screaming give me some stacks
lookin good

:rotflmao:rotflmao:hail:rotflmao

Yea, that's just what I need to do....... Soot up the trailers I already have to wash before I deliver them.cookoo

Only stacks this truck will see is the stack of trailers, cars and boats I winch onto it...... And the stacks of Benjamin Franklin$$$$$$ it puts in my pockets:love:

I don't want to hear it driving and I don't want to smell it sleeping. Exhaust is going out the bottom in front of the rear tire.