Torque converter lockup

Ferd_Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today my torque converter actually decided to lock up when cruising 55mph and was fully functioning locking and unlocking like it was supposed to. My E4od with 4.11 was doing 1600 at 55 instead almost 2000. So for some reason I decided to try cruise and for the first time ever it worked. I was loving it until I parked it left it sit for an hour and now it's not locking and cruise doesn't work again. What could it be? I have led tail light bulbs , I'm going to try regular bulbs tomorrow. For some reason my truck gets 4v at tail light socket with key on all the time. I think that might also have to do with it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Should've added this to your brake light low voltage thread, or transmission one.
We've gone over this already.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Ferd_Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LED tail lights were the issue. What kind of resistor do you have to order to get led tail lights to work with Trans computer? Trucks drives so much better. Got 14-15 MPG first tank with everything working. Doing pump/injectors in spring. 145k on stock. 093 turbo kit going on too(if I can I ever find the intake hat) so I'm sure I can get a few more MPGs

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I'm sure others have them also, but you can walk into orielly and get these.
Shoot, can't get a part number but the box looks like this.
You must be registered for see images

You'll find them near the led bulbs and such.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online