Torque Cam

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tim-
you just want to consider moving into the loft at the shop.;Sweet by the time you get done, there won't be a nut or bolt you wouldn't have turned.:eek:
I thought I basically was going to be once the project gets underway :D (at least on "weekends") and, actually, getting to the point of pulling the cam is something I've already done. When I tore the engine apart in '04, I was worried about a flat roller wiping out a cam lobe, so I pulled the cam to inspect it...turned out all was well, so I put it back in. It's a shame Russ's cam wasn't available then, but c'est la vie, eh? I THINK the only bolts and nuts I haven't turned on the engine are the internals below the heads (i.e. conrods and main bearings, and the oil pan)...OTOH, while I'm 90% sure the intermittent ticking I'm getting from the engine's an exhaust leak, I'm a bit nervous about the lifters... *sigh*

In all seriousness, as much as I'd love to put one of Russ's cams in, I think I'm biting off enough in this project without tearing into the engine internals. I've already vetoed a Moose Pump for financial reasons (maybe in another year or two ;Sweet )...I think, other than the turbo/intercooler work and finding/repairing oil leaks, I'll leave the engine itself alone.

As it is, the engine, frame, transfer case, and differentials will be the only original items on the truck by the time I'm done with it :shocked: oh Uncle Richard, please forgive me... :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.