Top Oil resevour

GSF35099

Reaction score
Harness and relay replaced back in 03'. All GP's had less than and ohm and I saw that for myself..

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My mechanic friend helped me and used and ohm meter and I believe he tried something else but not sure what it was. He was convinced that they were are doing just fine.. What are you doing on this thing Chrismas day? Just as bad as I am... :) Forum junky.... :)

You are looking for .1 to .2 ohms, as geo mentioned if it is over 1.0 ohms or 0 ohms it is shot, the higher the ohms the more resistance and the less glow pluggy you get. :D

I just got home from work, gotta hit the sack in a few minutes cuz I gotta go back to work again tonight.-cuss Thats what I am doing here on Christmas day.:angel:

GSF35099

Reaction score
Thanks for the help Stroker. I will have my 21 year old give me a hand today and check them again. Have a great sleep and enjoy what you can with the holidays. I used to be in a position where I worked every holiday and just changed out of that and this is my first two week shutdown in the last 12 years. I think my wife wants to through me out :)

GSF35099

Reaction score
Well, plugs all checked out good and that top reservoir was low. The real kicker was that my wire harness under the VC needed to be replaced again.. Didn't have the time to try and replace that myself so it's in the shop and being replaced. I know that harness will cause starting problems.

Thanks to all for the help.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
next time replace the UVCs your self.its very simple to do.remove valve cover,remove harness,check pins in valve cover gasket,plug in new harness and replace the valve cover.it takes me about 10 minutes to remove both of my valve covers,that includes removing the inter cooler pipeing,finding my tools and opening a fresh bottle of mountain dew.

GSF35099

Reaction score
Sounds like a winner..LOL I have worked on many vehicles in the past but not PSD's and just the unknown has me a little jumpy....:hail

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online