Timing Meter Program Useage

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have been talking to a few members about how this rental program works and hoe difficult the meter are to use.. Wel the meters are simple to use. They are the Kent Moore J33000 and J33300-A meters. You clean off two locations on your engine. Install two probes. Power up the meter and press one rocker switch. start and rev the engine to 2000 rpm watching the digital readouts for rpm and degrees of timeing. Its that easy. These meters have a micro processer in them that does the work for you. Its simple read the display and make changes when the engine is off. The fee is $70.00 to my paypal account and then I ship. I pay for the shipping to you and you pay it back to me. I give you my cell number and a call to me anytime for help is fine. Now if you change the pump or injecters then is no way to time by matching up marks or guessing. Even Mel will tell you that when you buy a pump from hime. I have been talking to a member that got a pump and injecters from Mel. they are installed and he feels no differance in hp or mileage because he has not timed the engine yet. nobody around him that can time these engines. Well that terrible to learn. A Moose pump and Bb code injecters will awaken these engines. Guessing about the timing because you see marks and align to them is plain wrong but many do just that. Its not uncommon to have an experianced shop do just that and tell you thats the way it is. Many of us here know thats not true. So please guys. If you change the pumps or injecters get the engine timed. I can help with that. Or if you have friends with a meter get it done. I wil be away from the screen all day today but will be checking back in tonite when I return home..

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks again Gary!

Gary is correct about the actual simplicity of these units.

I know when I got mine I just reviewed Gary's video and then cleaned out the mag probe bore and the timing mark on the harmonic, then I went topside an cleaned off some paint on #1 injector line and attached the clamp and ground clamp to the line, lastly carefully feeding the mag probe down into the bore for it.

When routing all the wires I made sure they went towards the rear of the engine so they could not get caught up in belts fan etc.

Gary how come btw I don't have yer cell#? ;Poke LOL

Unless you want to own these meters folks Gary's program is top notch! I charge 40 bucks to time a truck locally to the shops here, leaving them some head room for their own fee. I charge them, they charge customer!

Anyone moderately local to me, pm me and we can hammer out a timing exercise. Not to take away from Gary's program, but to add to it as the cost of shipping from Canada is horrid. If you are not too far away and want to make a road trip, I'll do same and meet half way....etc.

There is so much more in these engines when timed. I was amazed how much 2 degrees made on my truck. AMAZED! A gasser would hardly have noticed 2 deg, but my truck wow...considerably different!

Just remember these are precision instruments and when using them care and respect is a must! Don't ask me how I know!

Thanks again Gary for this:cheers:

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks again for all the extra info Gary.. soon as i return from vacation i will be PM'ing you so i can try and get this pump timed right..

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a Ferret pulse timer to do my truck (I have a need to own my own tools); I have offered this up to a couple of Canadian members to borrow. One of the instructions / suggestions with this meter is to "check it on an engine that is timed properly" to calibrate it. I would really like mine compared to a known to know exactly what the timing should look like. Can anyone do this? RiotWarrior :sly?

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ferret and timing light is pretty simple to use as well. At the 2010 Rally, Chris and I timed my truck with a Ferret adaptor and a timing light with an adjustable advance. Then I had Mel time it with his Snap-On MT1480. Same timing with both methods.

Good to see the program is back up and running Gary.

Heath

KyleQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very cool - I'll be interested in this shortly. What is the lead time on these?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
KyleQ that lead time is shipping and when the funds are put in my paypal. For your location I would say 3 days shipping but may be 4 days. I ship US Mail flat rate. Please pm me for any more details if needed. I have answred the above *** too and thanks..

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gary - I was very glad to see that the timing meter rental program is back up and going. Thank you for offering this to the IDI community. I have talked to a couple of shops around here that do diesel work and neither one had the proper timing meter. I will be making use of this service someday in the future. Todd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online