Throttle Return Spring Location

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
This picture will help the 2 members yesterday that asked how and where does the throttle return spring atach to. As can barely be seen at the bottom of the fask idle solenoid bracket is a notch thats been cut for the spring. The other end connects around the throttle shaft arm at the ball for the throttle cable attachment point. You need to look close for the spring because the seller did not take very good pics. Hope this helps you guys..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Stanad...%2BQeQF20JOoZCeQBzuNg%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This may be clearer on spring connections. Good find Gary. Fixed the pic.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

89Laredo

Underemployed
Reaction score
Didn't know there was supposed to be a spring there. The return spring in the throttle cable isn't enough?

mjs2011

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this guys. My problem wasn't with the v-notch, I knew the spring was there. I thought the top side of the spring went through the hole on the throttle arm, not around the ball. I will have to go out and fix this.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The pic I supplied is not to correct spring either. Ours is a mandatory double spring. Have an accident where the engine runs away with you causing others injury or damage and the insurance company "finds" this wrong spring and your on the hook for costs. Thanks Bill for scripting the pic. On my computer I can enlarge this for a better view. Don't know if all can do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online