This look like an idi turbo?

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Yep definitely a factory IDI turbo. Personally I like the Vband clamp style exhaust housing over the slip joint one. Granted the slip joint one is 3" tube, but you can make your own 3" down pipe and make it clamp onto that vband housing. I can tell you unless you are creative you'll have to buy some parts from ATS to make that one usable. You need atleast the Y union of the up pipe as well as the turbo pedestal. A person can easily get away from the stock snail hat for the intake, but those two pieces are an absolute must to make it usable.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Yep definitely a factory IDI turbo. Personally I like the Vband clamp style exhaust housing over the slip joint one. Granted the slip joint one is 3" tube, but you can make your own 3" down pipe and make it clamp onto that vband housing. I can tell you unless you are creative you'll have to buy some parts from ATS to make that one usable. You need atleast the Y union of the up pipe as well as the turbo pedestal. A person can easily get away from the stock snail hat for the intake, but those two pieces are an absolute must to make it usable.

The pedistal/oil drain i think is the single most important part

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
If you had a spare engine on a stand in the shop, you could take all the time in the world to get it geared up and not have any downtime.

On a side note, I seen one of them on our local kijiji site......buddy wanted like $600 for JUST the turbo....maybe it was $500...I can't remember, but that's what we pay for stuff like that up here.

You should send me that and save yourself the hassle of building a turbo motor. I mean with all the high fuel prices, who wants a turbo?! LOL

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I sold one of those turbos, just the turbo, to a Canadian member in 2006 for $50. So don't say it hasn't been done. lol :D You Canadians get some good parts from south of the border at good prices from time to time.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sold one of those turbos, just the turbo, to a Canadian member in 2006 for $50. So don't say it hasn't been done. lol :D You Canadians get some good parts from south of the border at good prices from time to time.

Ifn, I recall correctly, and I think I do it was $250 US to me!...and I have been searching for 4 years for the remaining parts with no luck, just recently I may be onto the final 3 parts the Y,X over and for the love of God the elusive Pedestal.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I don't recall selling one to you, and most certainly don't remember a $250 price tag for it. I may be wrong, but I've only sold 2 turbos since I've been a member here. One belonged to me which I sold to a guy in Canada for $50, and one for my dad because it belonged to him to a guy in canada for IIRC $100. I honestly don't remember who I sold them to though. You may be one of them, but I'm fairly certain that I never sold one for that much because neither of them were complete, bother were simply the turbocharger itself.

Ifn, I recall correctly, and I think I do it was $250 US to me!...and I have been searching for 4 years for the remaining parts with no luck, just recently I may be onto the final 3 parts the Y,X over and for the love of God the elusive Pedestal.

89ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha I got it I bought the intake hat and factory air box from 94IDI now I just need to know what else I need

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online