This is getting ridiculous!

f350flatbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked the block I got from a place in Texas and it has pitting in the cylinder walls! What's stupid is that they had it sent to a machine shop to have it honed before they sent it to me and they honed over the pits. So they had to have seen that when they were working on it. Now I'm looking at sleeving and I got a quote of $900 for all 8. :mad:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
seriously??? Man that sucks....they should have checked out the pitting more carefully prior to honing and contacted you before any machine work was done.

Sounds bout right for 8 holes being sleeved though.....it's not cheap thats for certain!

tradergem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure they leave a step for the bottom of the sleeves to rest on or they will move downward on you.
Good luck. Jim.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah man, make sure the shop does a lot of sleeving. It is easy to screw up and the sleeves move up/down in the block.............and BOOM!! BIG PROBLEM!

Heath

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you tried to return the block? Anybody who values their reputation should be willing to take it back considering it's basically scrap. I would look for another block as sleeving can be done right but isn't always.

Good luck

R. J.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle