the truck overhaul of my 85 ford

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to keep us updated on your build, it's nice to see one of these old trucks come back to life with such detail and care taken.

BTW sweet choice of colors for the engine, that ought'a look nice under the hood

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to keep us updated on your build, it's nice to see one of these old trucks come back to life with such detail and care taken.

BTW sweet choice of colors for the engine, that ought'a look nice under the hood

Thanks ,Well I hope I give ya all some good ideas and I appreciate all the help from every! I know we all love these trucks . Thanks again I love the old ford blue on the engine. I think it looks really good too. Ill try to get some more pixs when I get engine mounted.

HankHill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well I got the AC unit and the heater ,steering colum,brake system and wiper motor all put back on cab and unused holes on cab filled .next step is painting fire wall. I hoping by next weekend having motor and transmission put back in. Thank you lord! ;Sweet

wahoo, sounds like its coming together;Sweet love the looks of your truck by the way, you should be very proud to be doing all this work to an old truck

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wahoo, sounds like its coming together;Sweet love the looks of your truck by the way, you should be very proud to be doing all this work to an old truck

Thanks hank I love this truck .My dad bought it brand new! and he gave it to me last year .It has a lot of valve to me because of my father

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heres pics of the AC unit and heater back in .I put the dash in to see if it fit ok .I still have to paint it.The dash is out of the 1989 ford f250 it looks good

Attachments

• jeff's truck 026.jpg
    jeff's truck 026.jpg
    974 KB · Views: 49
  • jeff's truck 027.jpg
    jeff's truck 027.jpg
    906.5 KB · Views: 70
  • jeff's truck 028.jpg
    jeff's truck 028.jpg
    922.7 KB · Views: 67

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well I got a little work done this weekend. I finally got the firewall painted.

Attachments

• firewall painted.jpg
    firewall painted.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 95
  • firewall painted  2.jpg
    firewall painted 2.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 81

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
nice project man !!mines getting painted right now, i cant wait to drive mine either, but man i like your truck , good work!

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice project man !!mines getting painted right now, i cant wait to drive mine either, but man i like your truck , good work!

Thanks biggin92 youll have to send pics of truck when its done ! ;Sweet Thats a sweet truck you got there;Sweet;Sweet;Sweet;Sweet;Sweet;Sweet

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello everyone well I finally got the engine and tranny installed ! Im getting closer , and im getting really excited! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• engine installed 2.jpg
    engine installed 2.jpg
    468.9 KB · Views: 69
  • engine installed 3.jpg
    engine installed 3.jpg
    589.1 KB · Views: 79
  • engine installed 4.jpg
    engine installed 4.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 65

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Incredible. I love working with clean engine bays and engines. I do understand that things have just been redone, but it looks great! You certainly take pride in your work. I bet you can't wait to have that running down the road!

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that front leaf spring pack is going to ride like a train :eek:

Time to get Air Ride seats!

The bright side to a truck that has a harder ride, is that those who expect a Cadillac ride and are too finicky won't ask to borrow it. I like when a truck rides like a truck should. My 89 GMC 4x4 rides smoothly, but it doesn't get worked as had as my Fords, especially the 86 diesel.

Actually, that leaf pack almost looks like the front packs on my uncle's '89 Dodge Cummins. That thing rode like a stone boat.

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
believe it or not the truck actually rode really well and its no cady ride but I liked the ride.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online