the truck overhaul of my 85 ford

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what you need after installing that engine. No more sore ribs or your belly button punched in from the hood latch. Very easy to make. Made mine and bolted it too the engine hoist for easy removal. It will go in from front or side, and is adjustable up to work on my PSD. Pic's dont show it, but it now has a beer (cup) holder off to the side, saves getting down those two steps. When your 82, every step counts. ;Sweet :D

Thats sweet ;Sweet I love the beer holder add on definately makes it nicer

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just gonna give everyone heads up .getting ARP heads bolts ordered! so gonna finish the lower gaskets tonight and hope to have engine painted by the weekend if parts get here.Ive been moving really slow lately

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's a beautiful engine. That being said, I'm partial to IH red since I've had my hands in more IH tractors than any man should acknowledge.

Great write up tho!

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read you'll be using the c-6 and I see the Banks system. I too run both. FYI upon install you can have all the turbo components together which ensures a leak free system (except the crossover). The only flaw in Banks design to me is the dipstick tube routing. For ease of head/engine removal, I cut the dipstick tube about 4" up from where it goes into the trans and on install I sleeve it for reassembly. This mod makes it possible to install the tube after the engine is mated to the trans. The only other thing I'd suggest when putting the engine back in is remove the wiper motor because it may interfere with the turbo when your guiding the engine into the bay.
This pic was right before it went back home.
You must be registered for see images attach

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read you'll be using the c-6 and I see the Banks system. I too run both. FYI upon install you can have all the turbo components together which ensures a leak free system (except the crossover). The only flaw in Banks design to me is the dipstick tube routing. For ease of head/engine removal, I cut the dipstick tube about 4" up from where it goes into the trans and on install I sleeve it for reassembly. This mod makes it possible to install the tube after the engine is mated to the trans. The only other thing I'd suggest when putting the engine back in is remove the wiper motor because it may interfere with the turbo when your guiding the engine into the bay.
This pic was right before it went back home.
You must be registered for see images attach

thanks for the in put!;Sweet anyway were taking the front clip off and hoping to put the engine and transmission in at the same time . We also put in a 2" body lift in so we would have extra clearance . Im going to use the wiper motor off the 89 ford truck so Ill have her all stripped out Im gona paint the fire wall. I like the paint on the motor looks great ;Sweet thanks again have a good one

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well its been awhile got a little more done today I got the turbo on and all the sendig units in place . also got the front clip off and getting ready to paint the fire wall .

Attachments

• truck pics.jpg
    truck pics.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 85
  • truck pics2.jpg
    truck pics2.jpg
    404.3 KB · Views: 69
  • truck pics3.jpg
    truck pics3.jpg
    418.6 KB · Views: 65
  • truck pics 4.jpg
    truck pics 4.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 46
  • truck pics 5.jpg
    truck pics 5.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 45
  • truck pics 6.jpg
    truck pics 6.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 54

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm liking your choice of color!

(mine wasn't detailed as well though)

Thanks I love the old ford blue and the black it should be very clean looking when Im done ! I can till ya this much I cant wait to be able to drive this baby!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789