The Switch Over Has Begun

Tristan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
#@&%!

Stupid me!

Knew I should not have used the impact!

Y-pipe to turbo bracket stud... the y- pipe was vibrating against the transmission so I was adjusting it. Now I get to try to get one of the hardest to reach studs out. Grrr!

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tristan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I can reach it!

You must be registered for see images

Tristan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended using having to drill and re-tap to replace the stud. I got that done and have her all put back together. The wheels are all cleaned up and tires swapped over. Drove her down to work today. Everything seemed fine. I still have a vibration at about 1,300 rpm, need to track that down. New intake 90 is on and got her washed tonight. Looking better!

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Tristan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a fine looking truck! Nice job!

Thank you! As always still a bunch to do, swap transfer case out, replace bed mounting bolts, replace fuel tank sending units, fix wiper delay, do the headlight relay mod, get a working stereo... Gotta love these old beasts :rolleyes:

Tristan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a good test in yesterday, a mostly highway trip of about 80 miles each way. Not much of a load, just three of us and three dirt bikes. She did good, kept good speed going up the passes and was spooling up quickly. A couple times she hit 15 psi. I backed off quickly, not real comfortable up there yet being as I have stock bolts not studs with the new head gaskets. Going to do studs on the next motor [emoji3]. EGT never even saw 900. I really want an overdrive though, 70 mph at 3,000 rpm gets old and burns the fuel!