The NIGHTMARE TRIP! Will I be asking too much of a IDI Turbo?

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, way offtopic here, but how wide are those Arrowcraft adapters? Got an interesting idea, none of which actually applies to this thread, lol

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, way offtopic here, but how wide are those Arrowcraft adapters? Got an interesting idea, none of which actually applies to this thread, lol

i don't recall.about 4" maybe based on memory and the pic? now we're all going to be curious.whatcha thinking?

Attachments

• 100_0114_1.jpg
    100_0114_1.jpg
    503.5 KB · Views: 82

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know the drill, I don't disclose such information till the idea has been put into application and tested and proven to work well. Well, unless doing so will cost me a small fortune, or has the potential for unmitigated disaster - neither of which in the case in this case!

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol well ok.someone has a set for sale in the marketplace here along w/ the rears too as a complete set.might want to check on that.probably back a page in there by now.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
personally, i would NOT be doing that cadillac caliper conversion. firs toff, the caliper looks tiny, 2: how many stores are going to have a 77 cadillac caliper on their shelf? probably not many. but I bet every store has a 90-10 caliper on their shelf. Also at a grand, thats crazy steep. I have been researchoign the unit bearings to death since last year, honestly the 05+ are beefy, guys running 37" tires and up, large offsets etc-everything bad for bearings-and they wheel them. and they jsut keep going.. Also-apparently, you cna grease them by pulling out the ABS speed sensor. i havent tried on mine yet since you have to take the caliper and disc off, but will try. Or liek laser mentioned, track down that van rear end.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
personally, i would NOT be doing that cadillac caliper conversion. firs toff, the caliper looks tiny, 2: how many stores are going to have a 77 cadillac caliper on their shelf? probably not many. but I bet every store has a 90-10 caliper on their shelf. Also at a grand, thats crazy steep. I have been researchoign the unit bearings to death since last year, honestly the 05+ are beefy, guys running 37" tires and up, large offsets etc-everything bad for bearings-and they wheel them. and they jsut keep going.. Also-apparently, you cna grease them by pulling out the ABS speed sensor. i havent tried on mine yet since you have to take the caliper and disc off, but will try. Or liek laser mentioned, track down that van rear end.
Agreed 100%...I'm not sure how much I would trust the Cadillac rear brake calipers on an empty truck that weighs 2K more than the Caddy the caliper was meant for, forget a truck towing the loads you are towing. I like disc brakes and wish it were practical to do a disc brake conversion on my truck, but for a truck that's being used as a truck, in my very strong opinion you need a setup that has equal or greater stopping power to the drums that are currently on there. That means either a late-model truck axle with the metric pattern, or a van axle. Maybe the conversion that uses front calipers could do the job, but I launch boats...anything that loses the parking brake is a non-starter for me.

I did find this once upon a time...might be worth taking a look into, although it's pretty involved. I think this is about the best way to do the conversion, if your fabrication skills were up to it. I would love to do this, but I don't have anywhere near the level of expertise needed...

http://www.fordmann.com/F350.rear_disc_brakes.htm

fordgirl4by4

Reaction score
Kinda off subject too! But found a 1977 Ford 9000 single axle, shorty with 5th wheel and pintle hitch for $2000, I know nothing about it and am trying to get stuff ready for the big weekend next week, so may not even look at it
NO rust, road ranger and two speed, 321,000 miles, 50% matched tires, looks clean from pics. runs drives not been sitting, looks like a X united moving co.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda off subject too! But found a 1977 Ford 9000 single axle, shorty with 5th wheel and pintle hitch for $2000, I know nothing about it and am trying to get stuff ready for the big weekend next week, so may not even look at it
NO rust, road ranger and two speed, 321,000 miles, 50% matched tires, looks clean from pics. runs drives not been sitting, looks like a X united moving co.
Wonder what engine that thing has. Sounds like it may just be what you need tho. Well it's likely not a crew cab and it's not 4x4, but for your tractor moving needs you probably don't need the long cab anyways, and 4x4 can be added later on as needed. Till then a pair of chains will move you thru fields just fine if you got enough weight on the axle, and you can always SRW it if you don't need the extra weight capacity of the 4 rear wheels.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online