The IDM mod DECODED

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So,

Lets just say I "came across" a modded IDM, and it happened to just, oh, I donno, open up while I had my camera pointed at it...

www.forgotton.net/diesel/idmmod/index.htm

Not that I would EVER reveal a 300 dollar mod that someone has the market cornered on. :D :D :D

Enjoy folks, but read the disclaimer!! You screw this up, and your SOL. Also, I have not confirmed my results on my OWN IDM, so this is untested info. However, its pretty hard to screw up with a digital ohm meter.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Daryl,

That is priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for your time and efforts in investigating and posting this.

Mike

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
;Sweet YUP...that is way cool jr. :thumbsup:

Must be that grn/yel wire that costs the big $$$$$$$ ;Really

I don't mind paying for someones exp/research/info but that mod is just a WEEEE bit out there.

THANX Daryl

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been FLOODED with emails and PM's about that mod today. 90% are thank yous, and the other 10% are "little birdies" pointing out small details that they have found over the years.

Overall, a SUCCESFUL hack!

sassyrel

Reaction score
daryl--what are the "other" things youve found out???? also-blue rtv--what in h--- is he thinking--if must use rtv---use black--much better stuff---

Last edited:

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sassyrel said:
daryl--what are the "other" things youve found out???? also-blue rtv--what in h--- is he thinking--if must use rtv---use black--much better stuff---

That stuff may be blue, but it is NOT RTV. Was a ***** to clean off.

I didnt find out too much more. Mostly that most modders have forgone the "switch" and just soldered in a new resistor and called it good.

If you have an IDM-100 or IDM-110, use a 75.0K (7502) resistor.
If you have an IDM-120, then you should use a 73.2K (7322) resistor.

The IDM-1xx is found on the sticker on the connector housing.

DmaxEter

Meet Mike Hawk
Reaction score
Hey Fordforgotton,
There arent many people if any on these diesel performance boards with the common sense and knowledge you have. I always enjoy reading the mods you have discovered and posted step by step. I sold my powerstroke that had the 10K and a lot of little other mods inspired by you. The one I liked was the two resitors in the MAP sensor plug. It worked great on my powerstroke. Now, what are the chances of you figuring out if it will work on my new Dodge? Im not trying to offend you, but its a well known fact you have a world of knowledge on these things. I just wonder if you would be willing to do a little research and figure out what resistors I would need and where to plug them. Thanks for any help you can offer. Somewhere I saw on a board where someone had asked if it would work on a dodge like the fords. They even had the ranges posted for what pressures and what voltages. I will try to find it. Thanks for any help.
To make it clear, My powerstroke was a great truck. I hope the dodge is half the truck it was. The only reason I bought a dodge was because cost justified.

http://turbodieselregister.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142671

Heres the post about it over at TDR.

Last edited:

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rattlinpowerstrok said:
i dont have the yellow and green wire in mine it is an idm 100 whats the deal

you wont have the yellow/green wires in there.those were added on so they could run a switch so it could be turned on/off.

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DmaxEter said:
I just wonder if you would be willing to do a little research and figure out what resistors I would need and where to plug them. Thanks for any help you can offer.
http://turbodieselregister.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142671

Heres the post about it over at TDR.

I need more of the circuit. My guess, is that its a 3 wire circuit. A ground wire, a "reference voltage" wire and then the actual sensor wire.

If they use a standard MAP sensor, then it may be more of a "diode" mod (like the powerstroke), and not a resistor mod.

But, without more of the circuit, I cant say for sure.

DmaxEter

Meet Mike Hawk
Reaction score
Thanks Fordforgotton. I think its great having someone with the knowledge and ability you have on this site. I will try and gather up the resistors and see what happens. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online