The IDI done and in the truck

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well after much thrashing and many late nights the truck got done and made the trip to wisconsin and back with nothing more than an alternator problem, leece neville regulator found in lethbridge canada at an awesome auto electric shop. One burned fuse link because of my bad on a wire route, and running 220 degrees all the way under load. We grossed 15.600lbs including towing the wifes wrangler, now named the blue brick 3900 lbs. 4900 miles three qts oil and 10.4 mpg average.

It is ats turboed, intercooled and balanced, injectors set to turbo specs.

here is a link to some video we did this morning, the first noise is the ****** start up.
4.6 megs, enjoy, more info to follow on the mods.

Truck Video

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
that was really neat.
seems like it has alot of power.
Tho it seems like my truck has alot more acceleration between 45-65
with the sloppy c6 and a non-wastegated turbo 0-45mph takes entirely too long... for some reason, 45-65mph takes just a few seconds... *shrugs* (of course I don't know what that camper weights)

either way, I'm happy to find someone that lets the motor rev as high as I do, My truck runs up to 3300 pretty regular, with one run up to 3800rpms (which I'm not ever doing again without better valve springs). This engine makes a ton of power between 2500-3300, and most trucks with an overdrive never see it.

anyway a big thumbs up.

Drew

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so you had the heads ported out and polished also?

truck sounds good, looks like it runs strong if i can come out with my truck running as good as yours, i think i will be happy

dieselmanic

Reaction score
great video with lots of "great" noise:Sly how's the numbers look? pyro and boost?? love all the gauges :thumbsup:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was well warmed up for the run, with the camper on the truck weighs in at 9k, wife packs too much food LOL .
As for the engine, here is the list. Standard bore and crank, had the cam ground with a little more lift and duration ,they wouldnt give me the specs but it works.
I coated the bearings and piston skirts and the rockers with the dry film graphite, and ceramic coated the piston tops, all done myself. Rods bored 8 thousandths shorter to help lower the comp. Balanced ,stock rods new stock head bolts.

Polished the ports, removed some of the ridge under the valve seats,exh for better flow. bronze valve guides made from some special german bronze by a guide company in Arizona.

The pyro ran 1100 on the hardest pull on our trip and 9 lbs of boost was the max I ever saw, I havent played with it yet but it has great power and I may not mess with it at all
Normal load 8 to 9 hundred on the pyro 5 lbs boost, plenty of power

1992-6.9

Reaction score
Do you have 4 inch pipe all the way DP rear?? no muffler?? Sounds really nice!! good job!!

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
single 4 inch all the way from the downpipe with muffler.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The mufflre is from a super good guy on ebay that sells exh systems.It looks just like a dynomax, I laid them side by side and I bet they are made on the same machine. BTW I used powerstroke 97,98, ish intermediate and tail pipes, fit really well

Last edited:

rubberfish

Reaction score
Good job on the truck and the vid. :thumbsup:
I like watching the vids you guys make and post.
They make me want to do a video of mine.
One day, better be soon before the rain starts I guess.
Again, good job typ4. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online