THE BEAST IS ALIVE - - - -

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thelespaul,

UNDERSTOOD. - Right now, my much beloved/"adopted" 23YO niece in Spartanburg, SC has my mares/wagon, out on the plantation. - Kathleen said that, "I've been driving the girls nearly 4 or 5 times a week."
(I "hope to H" that I can get them back from her, sometime soon.)

yours, satx

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thelespaul,

UNDERSTOOD. - Right now, my much beloved/"adopted" 23YO niece in Spartanburg, SC has my mares/wagon, out on the plantation. - Kathleen said that, "I've been driving the girls nearly 4 or 5 times a week."
(I "hope to H" that I can get them back from her, sometime soon.)

yours, satx

Well atleast you arent having to feed them right now, but hopefully you get them back soon and enjoy them ;Sweet

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Well atleast you arent having to feed them right now - - - - "

Thewespaul,

Since my lady has been IN the hospital more than she has been out, I'm really PLEASED that Kathleen has (& is driving) "the girls", inasmuch as harness horses "get stale" & "lose their edge" just standing around in the stalls/pasture.
(I doubt that Richard is enjoying paying for feed/care.)

When she was a student a Converse College, she had "the girls" at school & I understand that she drove them to/from class and "out on the town" quite often. - YEP, they are "traffic safe".
I suspect that that "caused a bit of a stir", as I doubt that there's been a horse-drawn rig on that campus in quite a few decades.
(I was OCONUS at that time.)

Fwiw, Kathleen is quite a horsewoman & a competent "whip" in her own right.
(IF you have the idea that my "brother of the heart" & I spoil her rotten, you are 100% correct.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thewespaul,

Since my lady has been IN the hospital more than she has been out, I'm really PLEASED that Kathleen has (& is driving) "the girls", inasmuch as harness horses "get stale" & "lose their edge" just standing around in the stalls/pasture.
(I doubt that Richard is enjoying paying for feed/care.)

When she was a student a Converse College, she had "the girls" at school & I understand that she drove them to/from class and "out on the town" quite often. - YEP, they are "traffic safe".
I suspect that that "caused a bit of a stir", as I doubt that there's been a horse-drawn rig on that campus in quite a few decades.
(I was OCONUS at that time.)

Fwiw, Kathleen is quite a horsewoman & a competent "whip" in her own right.
(IF you have the idea that my "brother of the heart" & I spoil her rotten, you are 100% correct.)

yours, satx

Sounds familiar, hope your woman gets her feet under her soon, my mother (who is a local farrier) has always talked about getting into the harness horses, we had Shetland pony that could have done it years back but we didnt have the time.