That's It! I'm done.

TestDriver

Reaction score
Well, it's been an interesting 10 years or so with my project 94 F350 CC Dually conversion. But, I'm moving on. A head gasket leak was the last straw. In order to repair it, I would be removing lots of valuable parts that are in the way and by then, it would be easier/more profitable to part it. However, I'll first try to sell it as a project. You never know. Some here are mecha-masochists. I will be posting on the classifieds for the whole enchilada. It'll include the truck, lots of parts, new used and cores. I'll also include lots of oil handling bits such as jugs, barrels and a 350? gallon caged cube as well as a stand-alone pumping/filtering setup. Oh, also included will be my home-made injector pop tester. Basically, anything associated with this will have to go.

For those of you curious, here is a link to what my truck is about;

youtube.com/user/TestDriverr

The concept was to have a running truck where the fuel/waste oil could be filtered as it ran by an on-board, engine driven centrifuge. The setup works well, as you may see in the videos. But the leaky head gasket means I won't be taking it on the road.

The pressure for the centrifuge is developed by a hydraulic pump made from a power steering pump. It is piggibacked onto the alternator and driven by an electromagnetic AC clutch. The pressurized oil is pressure regulated before going through a heat exchanger to thin it. Then, it goes into the centrifuge where it is spun to something like 2600Gs. One of the videos is of it winding down after the engine is shut off. It's a little scary at first.

I'll get to inventorying everything and pictures for when I actually list it. In the meantime, any questions are welcome.

Thanks.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why head gaskets are so scary. It's not *that* hard to do them - I've literally done a motor pull, replaced gaskets, put it back together and reinstalled in the truck in 3 days of 6-8 hours before.
You don't even have to pull the motor if you don't want to, it's just that if you are going to do the head gaskets, you might as well re seal the oil pan and do front/rear main seals as well.

TestDriver

Reaction score
It's not that the prospect is scary. It's that the effort is not worth the time. By the time I took all the stuff off, whether the engine is removed or not, the sum of the value of the removed parts (including other non-engine parts) would be more than the running truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online